best florida dive after cert.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdan214:
I did West Palm beach as my first dives after cert. It's a drift over nice reefs, I saw lots of turtles, they drop you and pick you up. Even if you request a instructor it'll only be around 75. It was really a great way to...get my feet wet (couldn't resist).
i did too
two of my OW checkout dives were in west palm actually

KansaiKitsune:
Come over to Panama City and try the Jetties! Photographers love it, and you can see some really great things -- and it's not a difficult dive at all if you go during a slack tide!

Panama City has some of the most entertaining dive sites around.
where are the jettys located:lol:

Inshore Jax is normally<85'.Vis of 30' would be average now.WTs of close to 80 until the summer thermocline hits (if)
The best diving in Jax is deeper than 100' and vis can be 100' or better at times.Current is mostly tidal so full moon = stronger current.As you get past 120' the current may be eddies from the Gulfstream and it can rip up to 2kts.
If you're interested in spearfishing look at my gallery to see what's available locally.

100days-a-year:
The best diving in Jax is deeper than 100' and vis can be 100' or better at times.

this is true. unfortunately, none of the various charters here go that far out
(i don't have a ride otherwise)

I'd reccommend seabeast, Bill is a great captain. Jax scuba also runs a great operation. Give offshore jax a try, you might be surprised.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom