best florida dive after cert.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafire:
So what is the best Florida dive to do right after certification? (Preferably near jacksonville :D

What are you looking for?Reef, wreck, spring?

I tend to think Ginnie springs is nearly ideal, but it's BUSY in the summer on weekends. I don't know much about the Atlantic Ocean diving out that way.

i actually get certified at Ginnie...kind of a dream come true...I used to camp there with my dad when I was a kid...back before the party crowd came and destroyed the place....(Man that ticks me off)

a two-tank dive offshore jacksonville is a good experience... nice wrecks
and natural ledges, with big fish

price is $70, not including air... so i guess about $85 total

usually between 70 and 80 feet. they try to do the deeper one first

If you are totally new, then a Jacksonville offshore dive may be a little advanced for you at this point unless you make sure you are on a newbie boat going to a newbie area. Going from Ginnie to Jacksonville offshore means the potential for 4-6 foot seas, drastically decreased visibilty compaired to Ginnie, and potential for some ripping current if you are unlucky. Or, it may be as calm as can be and you have a blast. Hard to tell when you head out offshore anywhere.

Have you done Devil's Den and Rainbow River and all that other spring stuff, lol? Maybe a long drive down to West Palm is in order?

scubadobadoo:
If you are totally new, then a Jacksonville offshore dive may be a little advanced for you at this point unless you make sure you are on a newbie boat going to a newbie area. Going from Ginnie to Jacksonville offshore means the potential for 4-6 foot seas, drastically decreased visibilty compaired to Ginnie, and potential for some ripping current if you are unlucky. Or, it may be as calm as can be and you have a blast. Hard to tell when you head out offshore anywhere.

Have you done Devil's Den and Rainbow River and all that other spring stuff, lol? Maybe a long drive down to West Palm is in order?
i second that
drift diving is a blast and so easy for a new diver. you don't have to do anything but look at the fishies practically
:)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom