Best Florida City for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robbcayman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What city is best to live in for diving outside the keys? Would most say West Palm Beach area?

Jupiter Inlet to Boynton Beach- All of which in Palm Beach county... Which of course is better then the Keys anyways...

Broward County has it for beach dives. I can be in the water 20 minutes after I decide that it's a good day for a dive.

The area around Lauderdale by the Sea would be good. The first two reefs are very close to the shore, within easy swimming distance. The third reef can be reached from shore by kayak.

Broward County is nice (I live there), but, for the best overall diving outside the Keys my vote would go to the West Palm area (where we do most of our diving).

Broward County is nice (I live there), but, for the best overall diving outside the Keys my vote would go to the West Palm area (where we do most of our diving).

What are some good shore diving spots in Broward Cty?

I live in the Jupiter/West Palm Beach area and the boat diving is fantastic: mostly drift dives plus there is the Blue Heron Bridge for slack high tide beach dives. Here's a little video of diving in Jupiter with Goliath Grouper: Diving with Goliath Grouper at Wreck of MG 111 in Jupiter Florida - YouTube If you are coming down soon, know that marine conditions can be a bit spotty this time of year: sometimes good, sometimes bad. Spring, Summer and Fall are normally better (if there are no storms at sea).

I also think Broward has great diving too. I love diving the wrecks in Pompano and Ft lauderdale (which tend to have less current than WPB or Jupiter) along with the beach dives in Lauderdale by the sea and Dania Beach/Seatech Ledges.

Here's a thread on LBTS http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/290550-lauderdale-sea-beach-dive.html

And here is a dive club that welcomes new members and almost always has some sort of dive scheduled: Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup

You can rent any gear at the shop, Gold Coast Scuba, that sponsors the club too. Specials » Your Site Name

If you are looking for some of the best drift diving in the world: Jupiter or WPB is your ticket. If you are looking for shallow reefs, beach diving or good wreck diving, Broward is the choice

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom