Best fins for frog kicking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a pair of the power plana's and there my least favorite fin that I own. For me they require a lot of work for a less than desired amount of power. They give great maneuverability, but not the propulsion I am looking for. It may be due to lack of proper technique or that I have just not adapted to them. But so far I am no where near impressed.

Does Aqualung make a lighter version of the Rocket? Their website shows Rocket & Rocket II but doesn't have weight listed in the specs. I need a lighter fin like the F2 but I can get a good deal right now on Aqualung products as my LDS is becoming an AL dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a lot of people will disagree but I would recommend the Force Fins.
I've been working on liveaboards for 7 years and these fins are great!
Light and short for travel, a bit bent upwards so you can actually walk around on the boat wearing them and the bungy was changed after approximately 6 years working which I consider pretty good.

I've been comparing SAC rates wearing doubles and a stage and mine was lower with these than with the Jet Fins and I kept a higher speed with the FF.

Now for the kick, I basically only do frog kicks with these and its a dream.
For full force and high speed flutter is better but normal swimming is better frogging around. :)
I find them great for helicopter turns and reversing is also real easy.

I've tried many fins but after a day evaluating I always go back to the Force Fins.

And don't forget they look pretty cool to. :)

They take some getting used to and I have only met a few other divers sharing my opinion but I will stick with these.

I'm pretty much set on getting the HOLLIS F1's. I'd like to hear all the good and bad about them if anyone wants to share.

I'm pretty much set on getting the HOLLIS F1's. I'd like to hear all the good and bad about them if anyone wants to share.

Good power. Solid fin. A bit heavy so it does fatigue frog kicking a bit.

Would anybody recommend using F1's over jets? Or are jets pretty much just the best you can get

I tried a pair of F1 XL size and SP Jetfin XL size. The F1 seems more powerful.

However, I think a fairer comparison is the XXL Jetfin and the XL F1. The fin blades and foot pockets on these 2 sizes are more similar.

Also, the older USA made Jetfins have a stiffer compound then the newer Taiwan made Jetfins. I tried both and you can feel the difference in stiffness. I like the stiffer Jetfins.

I'm amazed to hear someone panning the Power Planas. My husband and I fight over them, and everyone to whom I have lent them has had the same reaction.

I have used both the F1 and the Jet. The biggest difference I have found is that the Jet, being what I believe is an older design, has an odd foot pocket. That said, you can definitely fit a wider variety of stuff in a Jet. My rock boots and my chucks fit as do my neoprene boots in my Jets.

Find the foot pocket that fits your needs best and go dive. The difference in use is not so different that I would care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom