Best film to use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last year I started using Velvia 100 for wide angle. I always found Velvia 50 a little too saturated for wide angle. It's also so contrasty that it has a tough time with shadows. The newer 100 speed is really nice.

My vote goes to Provia 400. I shoot in S. Florida so vis is a problem and the extra two stops over 100 helps. If you have a lot of ambient light then go with 100.

---Bob

PS. Most of the shots in my galery are Provia 400.

Here is a question for the group.

I have a lead on 2 bricks of fuji Astia 35mm film and i was wondering if this would be a good film to use for UW, i know this is a studio shooters favorite because of its neutral palette andexcellent color rendition.

Then my next question is: when your buying film, if the film is say within a year of exp do you pass on it or get it and deep freeze it? Then what is the typical life from production to expiration for the following types of film 100, 400 print (color) , 100, 200, 400 slide. Im aware of the ranges for BW films as i shoot these on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance

Tooth

Astia... the Anti-Velvia! Read that Astia is great for flesh tones. Does not have the color punch as Velvia, but then the exposure latitude is much wider than Velvia. Astia is one of the lowest contrast slide film around. Try it out and let us know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom