Best film to use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
What are the films that are best for the Nikonos V Series? I was told FujiFilm Velvia 50 was the best. and then i was told the FujiFilm Slide was good as well. What films do the SB members use?

Jalal

diver371:
What are the films that are best for the Nikonos V Series? I was told FujiFilm Velvia 50 was the best. and then i was told the FujiFilm Slide was good as well. What films do the SB members use?

Jalal

Velvia is a slide film and my vote go,s for Velvia.

diver371:

Jalal

Velvia is a fine film, and I used it for years for macro. However, for the past few years I've been shooting Fuji Proviaf (100 speed) for both wide angle and macro. I also use it for topside shots. I think it's a great all-around film, and I no longer have to keep track of what kind of film is in what camera. -Clay

Velvia 50 for reefs.

Provia 100 for general purpose.

Astia 100 for people (out of the water that is).

Provia 400 (pushed to 1600) for cave diving :).

all are Fuji Slide film.

In general, a higher saturation slide film.

Velvia is fine for macro when you have tons of lighting. Like many others, I prefer shooting it at ISO 40 instead of its ISO 50 rating.

For wide angle, I find that Velvia is "too" slow. Fuji now makes a ISO 100 version of Velvia. I haven't tried that yet, but I've used Kodak Ectachrome 100VS and Provia 100F fairly interchangably, even though the Kodak should be noticably higher saturation. For a Consumer grade film easier to find, Sensia 100.

For darker waters, Provia 400F is the way to go.

-hh

My experience with print film is the colors are never right, slides are the only way to go. I've been using Provia 100 for several years (haven't been doing any macro) and been pretty happy. I tried both the Provia and Kodak but liked the Provia better. I also don't consider myself anywhere close to a professional photographer, just a hack that likes to play.

ok i know with print film the plue factor comes in so bad, but why isnt this the case with slide ?

Tooth

Back
Top Bottom