Best DS on Roatan? Please help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

advntr7

New
Reaction score
# of dives
My 15 year old son are going to Roatan in July and want to get our OWC on Roatan and are looking for the best DS and lodging on the West End, preferably West Bay. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Kind of like asking where to get the best pizza in New york, You may be better off searching past posts a bit and letting folks know what your looking for in a shop and lodging. What will make it "best" for you? What is best for some is certainly not best for everyone. Will it be location, cost, total value, amount of luxury, etc.

My 15 year old son are going to Roatan in July and want to get our OWC on Roatan and are looking for the best DS and lodging on the West End, preferably West Bay. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Take a close look at the Reef House. Not on the west end, but has an excellent reputation. If you like the kind of outfit they are, it could be a good bet.

I will never qualify something as "best" when I've only experienced one, but I have been out on 3 different trips to Roatan with Bananarama. I have felt very comfortable with their smaller dive groups and the staff is great (again, my opinion). I felt like the DM gives a good site briefing in the water and they dive safely. My friend who traveled with me 2 years ago did her certification with them and had nothing but high grades for her experience. My younger brother did a "resort" dive with them when we were on a cruise stop and he, along with the other diver from the cruise, felt completely safe and comfortable with the DM.

They're in West Bay and also have lodging attached. If you're ok with clean and basic, right on West Bay Beach, I have enjoyed my stays at Bananarama as well. But then again, that's all I need is clean and basic, I'm there for the diving.

I just dove with Coconut tree divers and will say they were great. I will be spending a week with AKR durning the end of March. I hope they are as good.

Thanks for the insight. With some clarifications, by asking about the "best" DS and lodging on Roatan, I meant "highly reputable" DS and "clean, moderately priced" accomodations. Any suggestions along this line are appreciated.

Thanks for the insight. With some clarifications, by asking about the "best" DS and lodging on Roatan, I meant "highly reputable" DS and "clean, moderately priced" accomodations. Any suggestions along this line are appreciated.

Ummm... as in the OP- you did still refer to West Bay, West End, though, right?

Lot of good dive shops in West End in my opinion. I would give West End Divers a look. Mickey is an awesome DM!

Ooooppps...Just checked their website and didn't see Mickey listed as being on staff? Hmm.

Back
Top Bottom