Best Drysuit Rock Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will second the Scubapro boots. I've had mine for nearly 3 yrs,.. They do need replacing now, but have held up well.

How do they fit relative to your normal shoe size? Just wondering because I'm a 12.5 but have fit 12's in the past for the most part but i normally wear two pairs of socks.

It's already been said a few times...CHUKKs!

I ended up getting the scuba pro boots. I went with a 13 to be safe (normally a 12.5) but with two pairs of socks and neoprene sock they actually fit fairly true to size and the 13s are at least one size too long.

One issue I had is that my foot is fairly wide and does not fit well in these boots width wise. Another issue is the laces. They are made from an odd material and they aren't grippy like laces on all other boots I have used in the past. As such, it is difficult to tie the laces up tightly and keep them that way. The pull tab on the back is also less than ideal for donning the boots. It could be much larger.

Overall, if I could re-order, I would. I would probably give Hollis a try.

Where these boots succeed is in the rigid sole and neoprene "tongue" that gives a nice snug fit to the top of your foot.

Definitely order your shoe size, not larger. The 13s are tough fit into my XXL Jet Fins.

I really like the Santi boots that came with my husband's suit -- nice thick soles, and big fat Velcro straps. They did come apart fairly quickly, but Santi replaced them without question. We'll see how the new ones do.

with the laces, when you do the first part of the knot, just the simple overhand, wrap twice, old trick from hockey laces. It helps keep them snug. Width is my issue with all of the drysuit overboots, shoe size is 14EEE so there isn't much "up" to go when ordering. Still trying a few options.

I've had decent luck with the White's Evo3 boots with the stretch cord laces. I have about 120 dives but they have needed rubber cement repair to the soles so they are probably close to replacement. Use is pretty harsh with shore diving in Puget Sound areas.

I have the OTB Abyss. Very comfortable, nice laces, good traction. Not the fastest to dry.

I wear knock-off converse. even cheaper than converse. I usually get about a year-year and half (150+ dives this year) but they cost less than $10 so I can't complain.

How do they fit relative to your normal shoe size? Just wondering because I'm a 12.5 but have fit 12's in the past for the most part but i normally wear two pairs of socks.

My foot size is 8 1/2. I got 9's with 2 pairs of neoprene socks, they fit well. 1 pair neoprene, has a little room, but not sloppy. The thing I like, is I can wear both my recreational fins & technical fins with them & I can also fit my recreational & technical fins with my thick soled wetsuit boots.

I didn't want to mention that I have been using DUI boots as I wanted to see what others would offer up. I love the fit, comfort and easy-to-put-on factors on the DUI boots but there are poor quality to say the least. I have seen brand new ones with rips, tears, broken laces ect. DUI accessories are absolute ****. They need to work on this. Great suits however.

I like the look of those Scubapro ones. They look a lot more rigid and durable than anything else I've used in the past. I think I will give them a try.

I agree with you that the loops holding the laces are prone to tearing. They say you should keep the laces relatively loose.

Back
Top Bottom