Best Drysuit Rock Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shinythings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been going through rock boots every 4 months. Does anyone have suggestions for the MOST DURABLE boots out there for diving in the PNW? I'd also prefer something that is easy to put on / take off.

I thought there would have been a thread like this out there but I wasn't able to find one... if you do, please post!

Thanks!

I have been going through rock boots every 4 months. Does anyone have suggestions for the MOST DURABLE boots out there for diving in the PNW? I'd also prefer something that is easy to put on / take off.

I thought there would have been a thread like this out there but I wasn't able to find one... if you do, please post!

Thanks!

I have these: Typhoon Dry Suit Over Boot | Dolphin Scuba Center I'm very happy with them, good construction, very stable clambering over slippery rocks, they dry easily and I'd absolutely purchase another pair

I should add I only have about 50 dives on these, but there is no visible sign of wear (yet)

Chuck Taylor's......

any boots that fit will be fine, the key is finding ones cheap enough to replace as needed. Chuck taylors were mentioned and are the best for a lot of people because they're so cheap, so if they get busted you just replace them for a few bucks. Unfortunately they don't make any that fit me so I'm kind of SoL. A lot of people down in cave country actually just use wetsuit booties....

I absolutely despised the DUI rockboots that came with my suit. I ended up trying the scubapro rock boots and they are awesome. They hold up very well. I replaced the laces with a length that I liked and stole that little clasp thing from the DUI boots to hold the strings

I didn't want to mention that I have been using DUI boots as I wanted to see what others would offer up. I love the fit, comfort and easy-to-put-on factors on the DUI boots but there are poor quality to say the least. I have seen brand new ones with rips, tears, broken laces ect. DUI accessories are absolute ****. They need to work on this. Great suits however.

I like the look of those Scubapro ones. They look a lot more rigid and durable than anything else I've used in the past. I think I will give them a try.

This is what I use, heavy duty rubber boots with a steel toe.

http://www.grainger.com/product/ONGUARD-Men-s-Ankle-Boots-WP79269/_/N-jmf?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/4ML47_AS01?$smthumb$

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom