Best diving in USA poll

Which place in USA has the best overall diving?

• Florida

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • California

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • Washington / North Western USA

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Hawaii

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • Great Lakes areas

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Texas

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Other (not mentioned)

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok... I know I may be opening a can of worms here. Californians will say they have the best diving and Florida folks will say they do. Polls such as these lose objectivity because everyone seems to be convinced that their region has the best dives. I would request posters to grade these regions without letting regional bias get in the way. We all love where we live but lets try to be objective.

Other than voting for the best, which would occupy the second spot, third, fourth, fifth etc. I think even if this post becomes a victim of subjectivity, it would still bring out useful information for a lot of people.

So here we go ... let the polling begin!

Missouri! Oh wait...you said best, not worst! My bad.

P.S. I've only been to Hawaii, Florida and Texas, so I don't really feel qualified to vote.

I'd include the northeast U.S. for wreck diving as a choice. Also, why do you have California and North California as two different choices? Did you mean to make it Southern California as a choice?

why do you have California and North California as two different choices? Did you mean to make it Southern California as a choice?
read it again...

North Carolina - that east coast state with all the wrecks. :D

I would request posters to grade these regions without letting regional bias get in the way. We all love where we live but lets try to be objective.

Ya. Right. :wink:

Well, I haven't dived all those places. I have dived the Pacific Northwest, Monterey, and Southern California, and Hawaii, and the Florida springs.

I voted for California, because if you add the breathtaking diving in Monterey to the panoply of dive sites and opportunities available in Southern California, it's a hard sum to better.

The Pacific Northwest has some fantastic diving. We also have VERY cold water, frequently poor viz, and powerful tides and currents. California has breathtaking diving, but they have surf. Their viz is often better than ours, and the weather is better most of the time (but not now!)

Hawaii is a place I go, and I dive because I'm there; I would never recommend someone go to Hawaii purely for the diving.

The Florida springs are a good place for cave divers (although I think MX is even better) but I don't think they're a destination for open water divers. I haven't dived salt water in Florida yet, but I'll be better able to judge at the end of February!

(TSandM
Hawaii is a place I go, and I dive because I'm there; I would never recommend someone go to Hawaii purely for the diving.)

Thank you Lynn for posting this, I have now heard this from a couple good sources!!

Myself, I love CA diving , But I would have to add the US Virgin Islands as one of my very Favorite Places and my Vote!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom