Best Diving in Baja?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK,
This is an out-of-the-way diving spot, not a lot of support business, but if you want to dive in a cool/diff environment and you have 4 wheel drives, I strongly recommend Bahia de Los Angeles. Or a more adventurous place, 4 hrs drive south of Bahia de LA is Punta SanFrancisquito!!!.
These two places have some serious fishes. Amber jack yellowtail schools in the hundreds and some awesome whales too. Forwarn, you trek your stuff in, you trek your stuff out, an't much business around, but the places are awesome.
I am heading back begin of April, and hopefully end of May for some serious diving.

Between August and November the water temperature remains in the high 80's, visibility is 50 ft average and the air temperature is about 100+ during the day and about 80 during night... if you are planning a trip during this months i would recommend you to bring just a 3mm long wet suit because sometimes we have jellyfish in some dive spots

SoCalOffshore:
So when is the best time of year for clarity and what is the air temp? I am not concerned about water temp as I dive So Cal waters with a 7 mm and just purchased a dry suit. I am more concerned about water clarity and air temp. Thanks. If you want to go to town for dinner, what are the options and cost?

The water temperature in May for Cabo is about 65 F. visibility is between 20 to 35 ft depending on the dive spot, i am sure your non diving friends can go with you to some of the dive sites such as the sea lions rock, maybe they can do some snorkeling while you do diving.. there are several different options to get to La Paz, bus ride is about 3 hrs and it will cost you about 15 us dlls, if you rent a car you will pay about 70 dlls a day and it is a 2 hr drive (100 milles or so), or you can have a shuttle service to come get you for 70 dlls per person round trip.
I hope this info was usefull..

Pedro

shellbird:
I will be staying in Cabo May 4 - 11. What is vis like? Water temps? What is the best way to get to La Paz? I am without dive buddy... will my non-diving friends be able to tag along for a boat ride? I am novice/intermediate diver. NAUI OW with 20 dives. What do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom