Best dives in Philippines in 10 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We’ve only been to Philippines once (March/April 2019), so our experience with luggage might not be consistent with everyone else.

We always travel with our own equipment. Dive computers, reg sets, masks, camera and laptop in carry on.
Our flight was Auh-mnl-Ceb. (Etihad - one ticket) I’m sure we did not have any problems with our carry on (if I’d had to get out my reg set I would definitely remember). In fact we’ve never had a problem with overweight carry on as we always show our expensive equipment saying can we please keep this with us.
Chargers no problem, but reels etc of course need to go into hold. We also have our bcd in the hold luggage.

On our return from ceb-HKT my husband was called to the desk and he had to go open his suitcase and show his dive knife to security (he always carry a knife, it’s just part of his gear). They just said ok and put it back in the suitcase, no problem.

I hope you have a great trip - Tubbataha is on my wish list as well:)

Thanks for all that information guys. Between Subic Bay and Puerto Galera how do they compare both in terms of quality and variety of diving and in terms of night life? Puerta Galera was known for its bar scene, but in current Youtube videos it seems devoid of life. Subic Bay beach looked very nice in one of the videos, and I even spotted a Sailfish boat on a beach. I was hoping to do some Hobie Cat sailing in addition to diving, but couldn't see it offered anywhere. But the video was from last year. I've read somewhere that the water in Subic Bay is not as clear as in Puerto Galera, but on the other hand it has the same history as Pattaya in Thailand. Diving comes first, but I wouldn't mind having some fun at night.
For diving PG beats Subic hands down. All Subic has is a few wrecks but very poor visibility and not much else. The bar scene is not bad. If Diving is priority go to PG. Many sites, all near the shore. Cheap diving. Has variety of sites and marine life.

For diving PG beats Subic hands down. All Subic has is a few wrecks but very poor visibility and not much else. The bar scene is not bad. If Diving is priority go to PG. Many sites, all near the shore. Cheap diving. Has variety of sites and marine life.

Yup and you can just rent tanks in PG and go on your own shore dives. When I was working at Clark for a sports broadcaster I went to Subic for a few days of diving. As you wrote poor visibility and the wreck sites were not that much fun because of it.

Yup and you can just rent tanks in PG and go on your own shore dives. When I was working at Clark for a sports broadcaster I went to Subic for a few days of diving. As you wrote poor visibility and the wreck sites were not that much fun because of it.
Which operator?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom