Best dives in Philippines in 10 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've not had things stolen from my luggage on the ferries in Philippines when I went to the loo, but it can happen.
I decided to forgo the entire issue by avoiding long ferry rides. Six days of quality diving in Tubbahata on a beautiful sailing ship should leave me with something to remember and make up for less then stellar dives off Boracay. Kitesurfing should nicely add to the mix and I got a vibe that the crowds in Boracay will be more of the sort that I used to do sports and party with in Club Med kind of places. I will have an evening in Manila before flying back to US in the mourning and need to stay somewhere. One of the article recommended Malate neighborhood for first time visitors. Could you guys recommend a hotel in Manila so that I could get some sights after dinner and still have not too long of a ride to airport in the morning?

Either the fingers are faster than the mind or the truth cannot be hidden! :)

(I noticed and corrected that I originally wrote "frying back to US" instead of "flying". I hope I live to write a report here.)

Now I am really glad that I bought my diving insurance from World Nomads - it actually covers kitesurfing! When I was initially looking for other activities in Philippines beside diving, it didn't look like there were any trade winds, which is counterintuitive if you think about names like Puerto Galera. Typhoon being not a good example of a desired trade wind or something during which on would venture out on a board.

I decided to forgo the entire issue by avoiding long ferry rides. Six days of quality diving in Tubbahata on a beautiful sailing ship should leave me with something to remember and make up for less then stellar dives off Boracay. Kitesurfing should nicely add to the mix and I got a vibe that the crowds in Boracay will be more of the sort that I used to do sports and party with in Club Med kind of places. I will have an evening in Manila before flying back to US in the mourning and need to stay somewhere. One of the article recommended Malate neighborhood for first time visitors. Could you guys recommend a hotel in Manila so that I could get some sights after dinner and still have not too long of a ride to airport in the morning?
I have travelled so many times on ferry in Philippines and never ever have anything taken. And I was not even sitting anywhere near my bag. NO need to worry whatsoever.
There are many along Mabini street in Malate. City State Tower Hotel is where the Si-Kat service to PG departs/arrive(used to/still is?). Ignore anyone especially in the evening. Walk on the main road rather than the pavement at night.
LA Cafe on Del Pilar Street(one block from City State Tower) should interest you but be careful! Look it up on line first. Take care.

I have travelled so many times on ferry in Philippines and never ever have anything taken. And I was not even sitting anywhere near my bag. NO need to worry whatsoever.
There are many along Mabini street in Malate. City State Tower Hotel is where the Si-Kat service to PG departs/arrive(used to/still is?). Ignore anyone especially in the evening. Walk on the main road rather than the pavement at night.
LA Cafe on Del Pilar Street(one block from City State Tower) should interest you but be careful! Look it up on line first. Take care.

This is all great advice from Centrals. Executive Plaza is a solid choice also and it is also on Mabini street and around the corner is a huge Robinson Mall. LA Cafe is definitely interesting and is about a 5 min walk around the corner. Late at night though, be careful. For more of a budget digs, Red Planet on Mabini is good. You are a few blocks from the US Embassy in this area and around 20 - 30 min from the airport with light traffic.

Thanks guys.

I read this too late for hotel selection. I've already booked Eurotel Pedro Gil.
Stone throw from Robinson and LA Cafe.
If you need to change some money do that inside Robinson.
There are lots of money changers along Mabini St but I only use Zdzen at 1151 Mabini St. You have to queue which is good sign! Not sure if it is still opened. Of course there are other good and honest changers. Ignore anyone holding a card and say good rate!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom