Best Dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep seiko rocks! I use a Zulu band, they are thicker than the NATO bands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I own several dive watches, just like the style. My first (1983) was a Seiko automatic. I has been on nearly every dive I made since then and have had great success with it. Now I own five. I prefer the rubber bands over the NATO strap though.

Recently purchased G-Shock DW-9052 and like it as well.

BTW, there is absolutely no reason to pay retail suggested price for a seiko diver or 200m G-Shock. Many places discount them, even brick and mortar stores, especially on the G-Shock.

Recently brought a freestyle watch, great ana-digital, but the band is too short for the size and function of the watch.

I run my 6309 on a silicone with a deployment. I got the strap from county comm.com. If I dive it I put it on the Zulu. No fear of loosing it when one bar goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People would know that you're a real diver when you sport a Seiko dive watch.

Be aware though, only average looking chicks would swoon at you as opposed to hot Italian supermodels swooning if you were to sport; say, a Rolex dive watch.:blinking:

SanClemente2009050.jpg

Yeah I'm not really looking for one with comp. functions. Just a basic, very reliable and durable watch. Sounds like the Seikos work pretty well for that. I've checked out the Citizens as well, can they take a beating?

My old Seiko took a lot of beatings, it looked like it had lived through a war when I replaced it, wich it actually had, and that was a big part of the reason why I replaced it. Wanted a "fresh" one and one with a depth gauge and no scratches and scuffs all over, so I got the Citizen I have now. Works like a charm and havent fallen apart yet despite me not taking any precautions not to hurt it. I dont take my wristwatch to war anymore though..

What I currently have is one of these and I have had no issues with it, other than replacing the rubber strap as the rubber got worn, I just replaced it with a nato band instead..
6572_BJ2110-01E600.jpg

Yeah I'm not really looking for one with comp. functions. Just a basic, very reliable and durable watch. Sounds like the Seikos work pretty well for that. I've checked out the Citizens as well, can they take a beating?

My regular dive buddy uses a Citizen ecodrive dive watch for the last four years. It seems to take a beating just fine.

---------- Post added February 27th, 2013 at 07:59 AM ----------

Does Seiko have good service? And is it safe to buy Seiko/ Citizen from Amazon?

What do you mean good service? As in customer service? I don't know since that mine hadn't required any warranty work. However when I first got the watch, I did call Seiko customer service and asked them a few questions. Had no issues with getting to a real person.

I only buy books off Amazon so I don't know, but for Seikos (and my buddy bought his Citizen from the same place), I bought them online at BlueDial.com

Id think buying watches will be as safe as buying anything else on ebay/other online places - as safe as you make it..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom