Best Dive Sites In/Near Boston Harbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia:
IMHO, you've made a step up in nearby potential dive sites, not a step back.

Off the top of my head, the following sites are good ones to consider as an OW diver. If you get more experience, there are a lot more than these!

Wreck of the Romance
Wreck of the Kiowa
Wreck of the City of Salisbury
Outer Brewster Island "Canyons"
Strawberry Ledge
Graves' Light
Green Island
3 1/2 fathom ledge
Harding's Ledge
Roaring Bulls

If you're willing to head a bit further south, there are a bunch of great sites off Cohasset and Scituate too.

Thanks for all the sites. I had no idea there was that much variety around Boston Harbor. Maybe we're too parochial up in Cape Ann thinking it's the dive capital of New England.

I checked the Boston Harbor Diving website and they had lots of dive locations listed, most of which you covered. I'll have to get out the charts this winter and do some planning.

abouttime:
Maybe we're too parochial up in Cape Ann thinking it's the dive capital of New England.
It is... for shore divers who don't want to make a 9 hour trip to Eastport, Maine. :)

You have a boat though, and that frees you from having to depend on finding good sites convenient to accessable beaches.

Back
Top Bottom