Best Dive Sites In Indonesia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I agree with Agus, that Absolute Scuba are one of the best dive centres, with 6 good dive sites right on their doorstep in Padang Bai

As Kathydee says 17,000 Islands in the Indonesian archipelago not all of the inhabited need to have more inpt into what you want to see, land absed or liveaboard or combination of the two.

The Mola Mola diving in Bali is exceptional. It is one fo the only places in the world where these magnificent creatures can be found on a regular basis as they use certain areas around Nusa Penida as cleaning stations to rid themselves of parasites that they pick up from the deep seas! Not only are there the Mola Molas on Nusa penida but a fantastic dive site called Manta Point, which unlike many similarly named sites around the world actually have giant mantas there, just last week i was diving with 12 of them circling around over my head!

At Blue Season Bali we can custom make however days diving you wish you do over a variety of different locations around Bali from the exciting Manta, Mola Mola and drift diving in Penida to the awesome wreck diving at Tulamben, not to mention amazing macro at Seria and further up north in Menjangan!

Attachments

• bsb_logo.gif
    bsb_logo.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 47
  • n1681202229_16233_6188052.jpg
    n1681202229_16233_6188052.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 52
Is the Liberty wreck dive in Bali worth it? I hear it can be really crowded.

And while we're reasonably comfortable, we're relatively new divers (only a dozen or so dives), any sites you would recommend in Bali. We're going for 6 days in early June and staying near the airport.

Should we try the drift diving at Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan?

The Liberty wreck is a very good dive, with loads of marine life. Your considerations are: (1) it's a beach entry, over a very rocky beach and a fairly short swim; (2) you'll have a 2.5 hour drive from Denpasar, which means that, yes, it will be crowded. It's much nicer to stay in Tulamben, and hit the site before the daytrippers arrive from Kuta/Denpasar.

I found Crystal Bay, where the Mola Mola are found in season, to be a crowded and dreary dive site except for the Mola Mola. But, there are some other supposedly-very-good sites around the island. There often is a fair amount of current.

I'll be travelling to Indo soon and I need to know where the best diving is in the country and some reputable shops.

Thanks.

First you have to tell us your preference/type of diving, then narrow it down to which part of indonesia (consider transportation/logistic, accomodation, safety facilities)
There are plenty of places to dive and explore there. Also plenty of reputable dive shops.

Have fun...

Based on the locations that I have dived before, I would rate:

1. Alor - pristine reefs, pelagics, possible strong currents
2. Raja Ampat - pristine reefs, abundance of fish life, moderate currents
3. Komodo - liveaboard, diverse dive sites, pelagics, possible strong currents
4. Bunaken / Bangka - pristine walls, abundance of fish life, turtles, sharks
5. Derawan / Sangalaki - Manta Rays, reef hook diving for sharks, etc.
6. Bali - Liberty wreck, Menjangan, Nusa Penida but most of the dive sites are far away from each other.

I've heard that Pulau Weh is also nice but haven't personally been there. As one poster suggested, Wakatobi is also nice but not much large stuff and pretty expensive.

I have been to raja empat (spot mike's place !!) and adored it. Very fishy and beautiful coral but still I would prefer Lembeh strait because of the weird creatures you can see in the sand and even there they have a small coral reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom