Best Dive Sites In Indonesia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

euphoricnod

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be travelling to Indo soon and I need to know where the best diving is in the country and some reputable shops.

Thanks.

Wow! Indonesia is a very diverse country with some of the best diving around! Can you tell us a little more such as what islands you plan to visit, what type of diving you like, what you'd like to see, what type of travel interests you, what your budget is (preference resort/local shop) & how much time you have :).

I had the good fortune to make a quick getaway to Bali a couple years ago and had a lovely time at Tulamben (I stayed at and dived with Tulamben Wreck Divers and found it pleasant and professional). It was a combination of shore dives and doing sites that were a short boat ride away. There's a fairly good array of marine life and if you're lucky, you might catch Mola Mola season (I believe that's the latter half of the year).
I have also heard from some friends and colleagues that Menjangan was a splendid place to dive.

Komodo National Park; Lembeh Straits; Tulamben, Menjangan, and Nusa Penida in Bali; Sangalaki, Kakaban, and Derawan, off Borneo; in roughly that order. Those are the ones that I've been to. I suspect Wakatobi would be towards the top of that list--I'll tell you once I've been. The diving is incredibly diverse and if you go to any bona fide dive destination, you won't be disappointed.

I've been to Wakatobi three times... and kept going back because the diving is wonderful and the experience of being at the resort is nearest to being on a live-aboard without being at sea all the time. Reefs are pristine and prolific, dive operation is first rate, rood is excellent. Not alot of big stuff... occasional sharks and lots of turtles... but the corals and schooling fish are wonderful. And through in exotics like cuttlefish, pipefish, nudibranchs, and pygmy seahorses, and you will marvel at the diversity.

Sardine Reef, Kri area Raja Ampat
Manta Rock, Kri area Raja Ampat
Hard to find Rock, Komodo
Gorgonian Passage, Misool, Raja Ampat
Crystal Bay, Nusa Penida (only for Mola Molas)

I agree with all the above...to add another try East Timor pristine diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom