Best dive sites around Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am still preparing another trip to Negros. Around Dumaguete there are (apart from Apo Island) Sumilon, Dauin and Siquijor. Which sites are best?
Are there a lot of tourists/divers in May?
Thank you.
Yours,
Liberty

I'm not familiar with Siquijor or Sumilon, so I can't compare. Dauin is very nice, especially if you enjoy macro/ small stuff. Dauin is a black sand beach so it makes for some nice contrast with the fish and coral. I went in end of Aug and the resort (Atlantis) was practically empty! There were at most 2 other guests during my stay there. The main resorts there are bit pricey but worth it IMHO. But it appears that there were more resorts being built there, so prices might be getting more competitive.

Anyways, not sure if there is a peak season in Dauin, but I would highly recommend it as a really quiet and relaxing place. Plus you have Apo Island that could done in a day trip for some variety.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom