Best Dive Site in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
C'mon, Alan -- we're trying to ENLIGHTEN him, not make him RADIOACTIVE...
:rofl3:

Ken I likes that-- :rofl3: :eyebrow: :D

To be honest, I had never heard of Lake Pat Mayse so I did a little research. Seems somewhat intriguing but I think I will have to pass.

From the archives

There are already enough reasons to dive Lake Pat Mayse in Lamar County near Paris.

The Vis. is just the worst in the world, its not very deep and way too many fishermen call it home. So really a person just can't go wrong scuba diving there. :wink:

Now we have another great reason !!

Yes Sir... the folks came in from Cailfornia and said that Bigfoot lives there and they found his foot prints too.

From Sunday's Paris New Paper:

http://theparisnews.com/story.lasso?wcd=27825

LVX:
To be honest, I had never heard of Lake Pat Mayse so I did a little research. Seems somewhat intriguing but I think I will have to pass.

From the archives

There are already enough reasons to dive Lake Pat Mayse in Lamar County near Paris.

The Vis. is just the worst in the world, its not very deep and way too many fishermen call it home. So really a person just can't go wrong scuba diving there. :wink:

Now we have another great reason !!

Yes Sir... the folks came in from Cailfornia and said that Bigfoot lives there and they found his foot prints too.

From Sunday's Paris New Paper:

http://theparisnews.com/story.lasso?wcd=27825

Ahhhh.... You do your homework Sir :D

My favorites after the Flower Gardens are the rigs. (or was your intent to exclude the entire Gulf?)
Travis is OK if you can't get into the Gulf.
I don't have any experience in other Texas freshwater places.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
I don't have any experience in other Texas freshwater places.
Rick

We'll have to remedy that sometime, Rick... :)

The best dive site in Texas? The one I am diving at the time.

carlislere:
The best dive site in Texas? The one I am diving at the time.

Yeah, but you would have to have the ones your prefer over others. Are you saying if you had a choice you would pick Caney Creek (black water - no vis) over comal river?

I personally like Lake Travis. I think it is a clean lake, with a lot of depth. Even now I have been able to get 130 ft which is still great for training. I sort of equate it to hiking the greenbelt...

I really don't like Aquarena even though I have been in Spring lake many many times. There is no depth there and for me it is just not that exciting.

L

I’m a BAD boy; I like to dive all the places that I am not suppose to. :rofl3:

Toledo Bend Reserve has not been mentioned. We dove from the beach ages ago.
It was the biggest beer can trap I have seen in my life. If someone is into recycling you could make a small fortune.

Mustang Island- Nice surf zone, small fish, fun in the summer months. Pretty much zero vis but something different. Bit salty..

Lake Travis- still on the fav’s list for nice cool, deep dive in the summer.

San Marcos River- shallow, fun- great simulated current dive. Fun waterfall too.

Has anyone dove “Lost Maples State park” or any clear streams in a state parks???
I keep seeing property for sale in central Texas and the water looks insanely inviting.

We should start a competition for the best new dive site in …
The winner gets bragging rights.

Regards, Andrew

Hey Crazyduck...
Andrew, Dude... What in the Hell is that Avitar ?? :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom