Best Dive Shop in Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Ann Marie!

When are you coming back to Oahu? Would be great to go out and find lionfish with you again!!!

G

No doubt! I'd love to come back tomorrow! My husband and I took over guardianship for our 14 y/o nephew (he was orphaned in November) so we are back to being parents; just when we had settled in to our "it's-all-about-me" routines. :wink: This summer I've got him enrolled in swimming lessons (he doesn't know how to swim! :shocked2:) so he should be ready to hit the water next year! :eyebrow: My husband wants to get him in golf lessons too so we'll see if he's a landlubber or a waterbaby and one of us will have a partner. :popcorn:

That dragon eel moray is the background on my laptop so I think about the turtles, the lionfish (both), all the morays and nudibranchs everyday! Besides, you still haven't found me my shark..... :blinking: (With everything else we saw, I can't complain!)

I am heading to ScubaBoards Invade the Keys in July, long flight for you but it's worth it...... :eyebrow:

What would you recommend as the best place to get certified in Oahu?

I was certified through Waikiki Diving Center about a year ago, and I have no complaints about them whatsoever. They were very accomodating to my quirky schedule. A great group of guys and gals.
:goingdown:

I can highy recommend Larry Grayson at Aaron's Dive Shop in Kailua. His experience, local knowledge, and attention to detail are top-notch.

I want to second the nod to Gabe at Kaimana Divers. My boyfriend and I just returned from a great week of diving with Gabe. We looked at several dive shops and decided on Gabe based in large part to his timely and detailed responses to our emails. We could not have asked for a better guide. We were only planning on three days of boat diving (2 tank am and pm) and we didn't want to be diving the same sites every day. Gabe arranged for us dive on a variety of boats in different locations on the island. We only repeated one site twice (since one of the times was a night dive, it was like a completely different dive). Gabe picked us up as planned, and went out of his way to accommodate us to every extent possible. We did some great wreck dives, and Gabe found many, many octopi and turtles; he also found a few frog fish and sharks. Oh, I don't want to forget to mention the Hawaiian Monk Seal! On our third day, a friend joined us, and she just got certified before our trip. Gabe was soooo good with her. He made sure she was comfortable (even providing her two wetsuits because she was cold). We all liked him so much that we added an extra day of diving to our plans. Diving with Gabe was the best decision we could have made.

I can highy recommend Larry Grayson at Aaron's Dive Shop in Kailua. His experience, local knowledge, and attention to detail are top-notch.(quote)
Aarons just won the advertiser best of the best award for the third straight year (dive shop cat.)

they really are cool folks very down to earth. only been to their shop once a few years back but they were really cool.

Back
Top Bottom