Best dive shop for 2 tank cenote + bull shark dive in one day in PDC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwimjim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I've been trying to figure out which dive shop to go with for my day in PDC, I've found some that specialize in Cenotes and have great reviews but having trouble finding one that has great reviews and does it all. I found a couple then read in reviews that they contract out their cenote dives to another shop, etc.. I want it all under one roof so that i get the 3 dives in, no "scheduling" mix ups, as i only have a day. Can anyone recommend a shop or two?

And does it matter which cenotes you dive if you've never been in any, or are there a couple standouts that would be worth requesting?

Thanks!

Tank Ha may be an option - I've been diving with them for over 10 years and have always been very happy - great service and an excellent staff. However, it might be difficult to get in 2 cenote dives and a bull shark dive the same day due to travel time for the cenotes. Dod Ojos is a great place for first cenote dives, and 2 different dives can be done from one starting point so you wouldn't need to move from one location to another cenote. Just not sure you'd get back in time fron another afternoon dive unless the shop can arrange to go out later than usual. Whatever you decide, have a great time !

Doing both dives in the same day would be a bit of a logistical nightmare mainly due to travel time between pkaya and the cenote where you will dive. Also because this time of year it gets dark rather early (~5 PM). If you have 2 days, we could totally do both. 2 tanks in cenote and 1 or 2 tank bullshark dive (1bullshark, 1 reef). Shoot me an email on info@beyonddivingscuba.com and we can sort you out!
Cheers!

Hmm ok thanks for the replies, someone had mentioned in another thread that it would be easy to do a two tank cenote dive in the AM and a 2PM bull shark dive but I guess they didn't know what they were talking about :)

Hi,
My name is Francisco Davids, and I worked in a diveshop in Playa del Carmen and for sure we could organize the trip you want, is quite hard because you need to start early, but it is possible...
If you are still interested please contact us info@divelife.mx
When you plan to come? How many people are diving with you?
Best regards,
Fran

Quimjim, be sure to report back if you book the cenote and bull shark dives for a single day and let us all know how it goes. I have done each, and am with those who think it can't be done in a day. That of course will depend on which cenotes you dive, sop include that info in your report. I am intersted in knowing if it can be done. Thanks in advance.
DivemasterDennis

Is there an ideal time of day to see the bull sharks, morning vs afternoon?

If you dive Dos Ojos, there are two cenotes in the same spot, which minimizes drive time between cenotes. I have dove most of the popular cenotes in the region and you can't go wrong regardless. Gran cenote, taj mahal and pet cemetery are a few of my favorites. I use Abyss in the region (ocean or cenote), and have for 10 - 12 years. Have fun.

Reporting back.. dove with Dave at Abyss Dive Center, did Kukulkan/Chac Mool in the morning and Bull Shark dive in the afternoon. I know Kukulkan/Chac Mool are not everyone's favourite's but it was my first time and they were close to town. I have to say, I though they were amazing so I can't wait to go back and check out the others! The shark dive was great, thoughthe visibility was much worse than Cozumel, I'm bad at judging distances but I would imagine it was poor compared to what it normally is.. this was following a strong norte so what can ya do. That said, we stayed down for a half hour and half 5-6 bull sharks swimming around us the whole time. Dave does not chum or feed the sharks. So all in all this day of diving was more memorable than any day of diving I did on Cozumel, and Dave/Abyss were awesome, very accommodating and very thorough/professional. Some gopro screengrabs:

Screen Shot 2014-01-19 at 1.14.56 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-01-19 at 1.10.56 PM_1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom