Best dive places to meet cute boys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueGirlGoes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Now hear me out. At her parents' request, I'm taking my goddaughter K. on a little dive excursion. Yeah, there's an undesirable boyfriend in the picture. K. is 19 and pretty and her boyfriend, even if I am an overprotective old biddy, is a real ass.

So K. and I will do a little diving and if a bunch of handsome young fellows are around, so much the better. I'm not going to load her with tequila and auction her off to the highest bidder, I'm just interested in throwing a little temptation (and some good diving) her way. She's certified but a fairly new diver (as am I) and fluent in Spanish.

Suggestions, mi amigos?

Texas is nice this time of year....... :wink: .

Where exactly are you looking on going, somewhere in Missourri, Mexico, etc??

board would be clear. I'm looking at Mexico, although a cute young friend (ah! to be cute and young again!) just emailed an enthusiastic recommendation for Club Med Turks & Caicos. But basically, I was looking at Mexico.

sounds about right to me. Its always that way it seems.

Anyways, a cancun/cozumel trip is a really fun combination of great nightlife and great scuba/snorkel

shop around and you can very reasonable rates at both locations.

In the end I doubt that the goddaughter will have any trouble making friends where ever you end up going.

Playa Del Carmen can be a little sketchy, not that bad but I wouldn't take a chance with my goddaughter. Cancun and Cozumel have very good reputations for safety.

Yeah, I think definitely Mexico. I looked at the Club Med site and fear one of two outcomes:

1. I would be trapped on a Club Med, ignored and scorned as the only old person in existence, or

2. I would be trapped on Club Med and menaced by forty-something dentists with bad combovers

Plus, there are ruins in Mexico! </archaeology geek>

for the warning about Playa del Carmen. I don't want to have to explain anything to her parents. "Uh, I lost K. Sorry 'bout that."

Take her to Cozumel. Then take her to Carlos and Charlie's or Senior Frog's. College type atmosphere without the "Girls gone Wild" mind set......for the most part.:wink:

BlueGirlGoes once bubbled...
Yeah, I think definitely Mexico. I looked at the Club Med site and fear one of two outcomes:

1. I would be trapped on a Club Med, ignored and scorned as the only old person in existence, or

2. I would be trapped on Club Med and menaced by forty-something dentists with bad combovers

Plus, there are ruins in Mexico! </archaeology geek>

Blue,

I got a kick out of your comment about Club Med and the old people. My wife and I have been to several Clubs, Columbus Isle and Turquoise(sp) and both were fantastic for both diving and night life. There were people of all ages both married and single. You need to ask the folks at the Club Med headquarters which Clubs have the type of activities and people you are looking for. Turquoise, which my wife and I went to last November, had the most beautiful diving I've ever seen and the night life had people of all ages dancing and partying until all hours of the night.

Club Med isn't the swingers hangout it used to be back in the 70's but it's still quite liberal, and very fun. The two of you might enjoy it.

Just my 2 cents,

Scott

Thanks for the good suggestions. I'll remember that about Club Med the next time the Dive Honey and I are looking for a location. Right now, it looks like K. and I are heading for Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom