Best Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Whats The Most reliable , easy to use computer out there?
I would like to get a Smart com but Lds told me that they have to be sent in alot.
suggested a wisdom computer from sherwood.
I would like some of you divers to tell me about your computers your likes,complaints.

I have an Aeris Atmos AI. It is an air integrated computer that is very easy to use. Large viewable numbers on screen. I have not had any issues (knock on wood) in two years. It is pretty small too, even with the compass on the top of the console.

TOM

I also have the Aeris AI and LOVE it. My husband dives with an Oceanic Datamax Pro+2 and he loves his....along with 3 of our friends who have the same computer. These are air integrated computers that are on a hose.

Your 3 options are: non-air integrated (wrist computer), air integrated on a hose, or hoseless air integrated with a transmitter.

First decide what type you want, then you can more easily search for a specific model or brand.

I really like my Uwatec Smart Com. Both me and my dad have one and have been very happy with them. I have close to 150 dives with mine and no problems. But my dad has seen his back twice. The first time after about 50 dives and the second after two dives. The first time I think the battery just went bad cause he put it up still damp and it ran the battery dead. The second time we have no idea. Both time he got back new computer in about a week.

I really like mine cause when I down load the computer I get so much information.

I used the Aeris Atmos ai and loved it. When I was test diving 8 different computers, it was the ai I looked at the most. It was the easiest to use and I really like the big numbers that are easy to read. It has lots of fantastic features and lasts through lots of travels...so far no problems. We sell a bunch of them. We've got a killer deal on them with our inventory blowout sale getting ready for our big move!
Check out our post in the "hot deals" forum for details...

Thanks,
Britt

PS-"best computer" is very hard to say, it's all going to depend on what YOU like!

Any oceanic or aeris is a great way to go. They are all super user friendly!!! The atmos ai is an awesome air integrated while the VT3 is a great transmitter version. I would suggest going with one of these two manufacturers.

Charley
www.divers-supply.com

Another happy Oceanic/Aeris user here.

2 Versa Pros, and before that a Prodigy that I just sold to another SB member.

Very intuitive interface. Logically laid out. Great customer support.

They are considered to be among the most 'liberal' dive computers. I personally like that. It is easy to add conservatism if you want.

I want one of their new Heads Up Display computer/masks! That's streamlining!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom