best compact? .. but

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bul'bul'

Reaction score
Hello Folks!

There is a great compact for underwater photography – Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3, maybe the best ever so far.
Ultra fast (F2.0-2.8) and super wide Leica lens (24 mm)! Great depth of pixel, very small noise, will work wonders in low light. The list goes on.
Check out the star reviews on dpreview site.
It’s great for the “normal” photography too, but why do we care?!
Anyway…
There is no housing yet!
And to the best of my knowledge Panasonic has never made a housing and has no intention to. I wrote to Ikelite and got a reply that they will consider it if there is sufficient interest.
Ask them yourself – maybe those inquires will constitute the required amount of interest.

Claimer/Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with Panasonic or any commercial enterprise.
I just believe that this is a great camera for us, folks…

Umm...no housing available! That makes it a little hard to be "great for underwater photography" doesn't it?

sorry, just being a smart @$$, hopefully some housing maker will take notice of it's potential.

Umm...no housing available! That makes it a little hard to be "great for underwater photography" doesn't it?

sorry, just being a smart @$$, hopefully some housing maker will take notice of it's potential.

You do bring up a very good point IMO.....

Back
Top Bottom