Best Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spartacus20

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Maybe this isn't the best place to post this question (given that this forum is actually supported by a club itself) and maybe it's a useless question in and of itself, but I'm trying to get opinions on the most active, most supportive of new members dive club in the DFW area. I was open water certified three years ago ("long time reader, first time poster"), but have done almost all of my diving (< 50) either on vacations or in getting other certifications and am looking to change that and actually get involved in the local diving community. I figure joining a local club is the best place to start but there are enough options that I'm looking for some input. If it's the Swamp Divers, then great deal, but I'm just trying to see what people think.

Thanks for the input,

Brandon

Maybe this isn't the best place to post this question (given that this forum is actually supported by a club itself) and maybe it's a useless question in and of itself, but I'm trying to get opinions on the most active, most supportive of new members dive club in the DFW area. I was open water certified three years ago ("long time reader, first time poster"), but have done almost all of my diving (< 50) either on vacations or in getting other certifications and am looking to change that and actually get involved in the local diving community. I figure joining a local club is the best place to start but there are enough options that I'm looking for some input. If it's the Swamp Divers, then great deal, but I'm just trying to see what people think.

Thanks for the input,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

What I did when I moved back to Texas was post asking someone to meet up to dive. The rest is history. Great memories, great diving, great campouts and good times. More to follow thanks to Texas Swamp Divers. Its that simple.

Regards,

Shawn O'Shea

Interesting post considering we have been talking about dive clubs in two or three of our most recent threads. I would say stick with the Texas Swamp Divers , they ( we) are the most active dive club around.

I agree with Debra ( on many but not all things )

I agree with her that she is ( so far as I know ) the Queen.

I also agree that the Swamp Divers Rock !!

Brandon,
I can't figure out what part of the metroplex you are living in. I would say pick a dive club close to your home location and go check them out. Having said that, the Swamp Divers are a sure bet -- and they are free. No strings attached.

Just post to this forum and ask for dive buddies. This forum is large enough that there is always somebody diving somewhere on every weekend. Popular local dive sites are PK, Murray, CSSP, Travis, sometimes Broken Bow, sometimes Stillhouse Hollow. I have my personal favorites but you'll just have to figure those out.

p.s. Watch out for that timeliner guy. Rumor has it, he's crazy. He keeps talking to Amish people carrying towels and cognac -- whatever that means.

FWIW,

The Swampdivers was the FIRST club formed here on ScubaBoard. California and Florida came rather quickly afterwards, but YOU GUYS are the first! Good job.

I am watching closely for when Swampers are diving where and when I will be available to join. After reading so many posts I do look forward to meeting some of you guys and gals.

FWIW,

The Swampdivers was the FIRST club formed here on ScubaBoard. California and Florida came rather quickly afterwards, but YOU GUYS are the first! Good job.

Thank you sir! :D

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll definitely keep an open eye out for the next outing the Swamp Divers are taking that my mostly warm water gear will allow. Or maybe I just need to make a trip to the shop...

richerso I basically live in downtown Dallas. Just east of it anyway.

Brandon

Alright,
Frank will be Peeeed at me; but what about Saturday? I am really jonesing to go dive Murray this weekend. I didn't get it out of my system last weekend. I know Frank wants to go dive Texoma. Very few people (< 20 ) will dive Texoma. I am still sittin' on the fence about that one.

I would like to go dive Murray though -- especially since I didn't dive last weekend (even though I had all of my gear within 200 ft o' the water). Go figure. Of course, it might still be too cold for you. I'll go figure.

JR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom