Best Caribbean liveaboard for a beginner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not true - at least the week I was there. The Nitrox course was $150. Nitrox itself was a flat $100 for the students for the week - the same as it was for those of us already certified.

My bad - My info was a misread on my part from the website - I had it wrong and thought it was $80 per tank (ouch), but it looks like $80 supplemented to the course cost for the rest of the week..., So the students get a $20 discount actually.

"Nitrox Certification Course: $150
This includes all necessary equipment (tanks, use of oxygen analyzer, use of course materials, instructor, and check out dives). Student may continue to dive Nitrox, using the Student Fill rate, the entire week once they have completed the course. Certification will be from a national certification agency.

Nitrox Student Fills: $80
This includes all nitrox tank fills at 32% beyond the certification level and only available to those who take the course on board. "

We must have passed each other at the airport. Too bad about the weather on your week. Glad you had a good time.

Hey everyone -

Since becoming certified in August, I have caught the "diving bug" as they say. I want to dive, dive, dive.

I would possibly like to try a liveabord this summer but am not sure if it is worth it. I will have probably 10 open water dives under my belt before any liveaboard trip. And obviously I will be limited to a depth of about 75 feet or so.

Is there a liveabord out there that's the best for a beginner diver like myself? How about location? Are the Bahammas better for a beginner than say the Caymans (I'd like to try the Bahamas first depending on your guys responses). It's okay if I can't dive every dive offered each day. But I want to avoid having to sit out 4 of the 5 dives each day because they don't fit my profile.

Sent you a pm on a trip where you can dive,dive,dive..and a way that you would not have to sit out any of the dives.I have a group to Bonaire in April 17-25, out of Newark and you can get your advance complementary during the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom