Best Breakfast Buffets/Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piikki

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where are the best breakfast buffets on Bonaire? Best as in variety, freshness and price (and maybe also the time served)??

We plan to eat in our condo for most mornings but it always happens that one morning you don't feel like it or there just isn't much because you were too lazy to freshen up the fridge the day before. Where would you head then?

Buddy's has a wonderful BB.

Does anyone know what the Capt Don's breakfast buffet is like? My buddy and I will be there next week.

CUunderH2O:
Does anyone know what the Capt Don's breakfast buffet is like? My buddy and I will be there next week.
Stayed there twice, once Jan '07, and Nov '03.
Similar experiences, which is that it's not posh, but it is pretty nice.

It's self-serve except for an omelette bar and the coffee.
Having to get a server's attention to get coffee, the only thing
I want RIGHT !@#$% NOW! , is a trifle annoying, but just remember
that flexibility is the key to happiness, especially in the caribbean.
And they do try, just a little understaffed/busy at times.

You can eat more than any sane diver would ever try to.
The variety should satisfy any reasonable person just looking
to get fed; bacon, sausage, the omelette bar, half a dozen bread/
muffin/bagel choices; pancakes, french toast, fruit, cereals, spreads...

They cater to both American and European breakfast tastes, so the
variety is enough to eat something different every day for a week
if you're so inclined.

The quality is sort of Denny's or your local Pancake House.
Not the breakfast buffet at the Sheraton.
Worked for me. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info; it sounds good enough for us, too. Getting coffee seems to be an issue everywhere we've been, unless it's self-serve. Dive vacations are the only time I eat a big breakfast; I need all those calories for all the diving we do!

Not a breakfast buffet, but Bongo's has a good breakfast, and a first rate view:) Lost Penguin used to be the best place on island for breakfast, but they sold a few months ago, and the reports of the new owners haven't been that great.

Divi also has a pretty good breakfast buffet spread, I think it's around 15 bucks per person. They will make omlets, have fruit, pancakes, etc.

Yacht Club Apartments is serving a breakfast buffet. Don't have details but I see a lot of vehicles so it must be good!

Floris at Rum Runners does a package for meals, from memory if you buy 6 breakfasts you get one free. We have stayed at Capn Don's 13 times and always have breakfast there, the view of the ocean to Klein is fantastic.

We were there last in Feb 07, you can squeeze your fresh orange juice, plenty of fresh fruit and Joanna makes a great omelette. The staff at Rum Runners are friendly and coffee comes around often.

Just got back from Bonaire. Capt. Don's breakfast buffet was a bit sparse, but was OK. Coffee was a bit grainy a couple of days. French toast was good.

WVDiver:
Buddy's has a wonderful BB.

That's good to hear since it's "free" with our package.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom