Best bcd for 11 year old son

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok kool. Thanks for all the advise. He has been using a wave bc and loves it, but I think if I can get him into a bp/w and get him to take to it we would be better off in the long run. If u guys got pics of ur setup please post some pics.

Google is your friend. There is more out there than you could ever look at. You might ask @Jim Lapenta to send you a copy of what he wrote on the topic.

Also take a look at: Equipment Configuration | Global Underwater Explorers

I'll post pics when I can, my son (10) has a small Halcyon backplate, oxycheq wing and sub gravity harness. It will fit him for years then I'll just swap the small plate for large......in a few years.

Around 45 years ago my son began diving in the pacific ocean at 4 or 5 years old (-not far from shore and not too deep - but in his mind he was a Diver) with a highly modified US Divers horse collar PFV. As I recall it had a SCUBA Pro hose attachment a SeaTec inflator mechanism and a dump valve also from Sea Tec.

For his 7th Christmas he received a bright blue (his favorite color) Sea Pro At Pac BIU complete with his name embossed on the floatation bag at the factory.

As he matured and grew the only adjustment required was to periodically loosen the straps. And did he grow ! He matured into a 6 foot 3 inch adult .

Now his children are using the same well used well worn At Pac in the family pool as a practice unit .

Therefore I certainly recommend a BIU and strongly urge you contact @tobin

In our family diving was a privilege not a right They had to maintain good grades, be active in their community and church AND keep a dive log..And now after all these good and great years the logs are interesting hilarious reading.

One thing we as diving parents demanded it that on every dive they seek out an item of marine life, research it and ID with common name and scientific name for their logs- which they did

A lot of work but we were handsomely rewarded..3 doctorates...My son who really embraced diving ? He became a NAUI (Life) and PADI instructor, SSI Pro 5000, a board certified ER & Hyperbaric doctor and is the director of ER/Hyperbaric at a large regional hospital

Hope this has been some sort of a guide or blue print for you and especially your daughter diving and professional career

SDM

Back
Top Bottom