Best and worst random liveaboard roommate you've had

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Worst:I also had a room mate from hell, she was on the top bunk, so when she came into the cabin late, it was interesting how she managed to get to the bunk and down several times a night to barf. Ahhh, every night. I walked in one evening to the room and found THEM on my bed, kissing up a storm, but he was a good cook on the liveaboard. Last night on the boat she was so drunk, she didn't make it down from the top bunk in one piece, fell on the sink and left the next day on crutches.
She was the worst, I have had a couple of times room mates that took over the room, insisted on the bottom bunk, (seems you could do a 1/2 week for you and 1/2 for me on the bottom bunk) boat crew suggests this sometimes when you get on the boat as a single, smart! They dictate bedtime, rules for the room. Maybe this is just a girl problem, guys seem to never have an issue with their roomies.
Best: Husband

I have been on 14 liveaboard excursions so far.

- 3 of them with my wife.
- 4 of them with a random roommate. Never had a problem. Liveaboard divers have surprisingly similar habits and both had undisturbed sleep and never felt the other was intrusive. Storage space sharing - a potential problem - went very well as well.
- 7 on my own. Never paid a single supplement up-front. On 2 occasions I paid $100 on arrival and finding that the boat was less than full (negotiation with the captain). On 4 occasions they had not booked anyone else to share the room with me. On 1 occasion (Truk Odyssey) I got a proper single room.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom