Besides video and dive buddy..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take a GUE class -- you'll find out in pretty short order :)

Thanks genius! Now, loan me the money to do it and we'll both see how trimmed out I am. :wink:

One easy cue that we were taught in Fundies for pool work is that if you're in proper trim with slightly arched back the first thing to touch the bottom should be your crotch d-ring. You can try hovering very close to the bottom and see if you can have just that d-ring touch down.

I'll give that a shot. I'm sure my belly hangs out further but, we'll see. :p

Michael

If you go to the shallow end of the pool, and swim about 6" from the bottom with your knees bent, you will know you are in pretty good trim when your knees don't hit the bottom and your fins don't break the surface. Trying to know if you're spirit-level horizontal isn't easy to figure out by yourself.

Tom

If you go to the shallow end of the pool, and swim about 6" from the bottom with your knees bent, you will know you are in pretty good trim when your knees don't hit the bottom and your fins don't break the surface. Trying to know if you're spirit-level horizontal isn't easy to figure out by yourself.

Tom

Great suggestion. I was actually swimming in the shallow in and I only remember my fins breaking the surface a couple of times. Mainly when I was trying to turn around. Maybe I'm trimmed better than what I thought I was. :)

Thanks,

Michael

What I did is practice laying in a carpet in front of a mirror, I suggest to use your BP and your fins, lay in a comfortable position and try to keep it in mind, bent your knees and again watch your position and keep feeling, your dive buddy can help, then the very best is the camera, when I dive with my brother he just shot me while I'm unaware and gives you a precise idea how your going, remember that your equipment configuration makes a lot about your trim so check it everytime your noticing a bad trim position

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom