Bent in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas Diver:
Otter:

I like the way you think. But I am adding just a tad more cushion by only doing 27,998 dives before I retire. Safety first!

Never push the limits....maybe we should even back off 1 more.

Update. My health insurance company came through with the check and I wired $6,620.00 to the doctor's Florida bank account. The doctor kept his word and was patient while I waited for my reimbursement check. He did not hit my credit card on the open voucher I left in Cozumel although he could have if he wanted or thought I was taking too long.

The pain is now completely gone except when I am dehydrated. I know when I haven't been drinking enough water because my shoulder hurts again. I'm trying to decide if this is a legitimate residual symptom or a construct of my imagination. I still have a 10% upper body strength deficit at the gym and am hoping that will diasappear in the next month.

This thread has gotten so long I don't know if this has been posted before but if you want to learn something that can help you determine if you are bent then go to this site and learn the five minute nerological test. This is the test that I was given when I went to the chamber. It is very effective and easy to learn. http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/neuro/neuro.htm

Hey Tim:
Good to hear you are back! A 10% upper body deficit is nothing. You are probably going to eventually be stronger than before you got bent.

I just told my wife; "Sign onto the Board. Tim Ingersoll's thread has some new posts." She said "who is Tim Ingersoll?" I said, "he is the bent man." Then it hit me that The Bent Man is a great screen name for you if you wanted to take it.

I do this for you pro bono, gratis from a s**t house lawyer to a real one.

Tim Ingersoll:
This thread has gotten so long I don't know if this has been posted before but if you want to learn something that can help you determine if you are bent then go to this site and learn the five minute nerological test. This is the test that I was given when I went to the chamber. It is very effective and easy to learn. http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/neuro/neuro.htm

There are 5 minute exams all over. Thyere's one on the GUE page and in several of the technical diving manuals.

Tim,
I read your post and recovery with great interest. I will be down in Coz in Jan, would be happy to discuss ways you can recover your strenght (if it isnt already 100%). I'm not a rehab doc (I'm a anesth. doc) but lots of my patients have comeback from worse. I would say what you are feeling now is from scar tissue.

Back up to speed. Thank you very much. Will return to Coz in January and try the waters again.

Tim & Christi,

My thanks to both of you for your unselfish disclosure of this terrible affliction. When I read Christi's account a few months ago it made me change my approach to my dive profiles and take a more serious approach to my pre-dive activities. Tim, God bless you. I hope you are feeling better soon, and hopefully your sharing of this story will help some other divers avoid the discomfort that you have experienced. Good luck to you, and a speedy recovery.

Michael

Tim Ingersoll:
Back up to speed. Thank you very much. Will return to Coz in January and try the waters again.

I'l be there in Jan too (first time)...:) Would love to meet some fellow SBers. I'll be there Jan 15-22 and will be staying at Hotel Coz and diving with Dive Paridise.

I have a question. The original poster said that there are two diver deaths per month in Cozumel. Is that really true? Where did you get that info? When you said half of the causes were from cardio what did you mean? Why is Cozumel such a huge place for the bends? So many questions...but I'm going in November over Thanksgiving and would just like to know. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom