Belize vs. Honduras?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belize hands down. After having dived Roatan and the Atolls of Belize.....I would have to say Belize is your better choice.

While in Belize we stayed and dived with Turneffe Island Lodge.

www.turneffelodge.com

Thanks for more input! I am thinking a less-than-week trip to an outlying island and maybe 2 nights on Caye Caulker, because I can't go back to Belize without stopping by there and seeing what's up in the past 12 years. We may not dive from Caulker, then.

When you all say it's a long boat ride to the outlying islands, may I ask how long? Like an hour? It was something like 35 min from Belize City to Caulker, if my memory is corrrect. So, from Caulker to the Blue Hole, say?

Also, if we stay, for example, down on Glover's, will they go up to the northern part of the outer reef? There is a good website separating out three portions of the reef:http://www.scubadivingbelize.com/05.html. Does this seem accurate to people?

Thanks, too, for the advice on getting bad ops. I learned in the Red Sea that we were ultimately on our own (having lost the group to poor visability on one dive, and doing one dive with horrific currents and technical difficulties). I would appreciate, however, a boat that makes sure all divers are back, air tanks that are reliable (since we won't bring those), and ideally some backup gear in case ours fails. We are not expert divers, but have level heads and good crisis skills. I just don't want a crisis! :) And if we're going to 130 ft in the Blue Hole, I want some of the same practicality in the crew I pay to take us there. They don't have to be the best, just good enough.

Thanks!!

Tamarinda

By the way, a liveaboard is a great idea...it never occurred to me before you mentioned it. Thanks!

Tamarinda

About 90 min. to the Blue Hole and 60 min. to Turneffe from Caulker. Of course this depends on the conditions.

If I were to go back, I would do a liveaboard. The diving was great in the outer atolls, but the boat rides were too long. Lodging in the outer atolls seems to be about the price of a liveaboard. Easy choice for me!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom