Belize vs Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does it have great diving with easy access and professional dive operations?

Yes and the place is fricken gorgeous.

The diving is not the same as Belize. I may prefer Belize, hmmm

In any event, the OP will be a newly certified diver and will be very happy

I dive Belize around 2 times + a year. I thought is was great as a rookie, I generally love the ease of access, pickups at your dock in the am and dropoffs etc. ( was are talking ambergris Caye which is absolutely not an island) big on ambergris you are taking a $100 15 min plane back to the mainland to do any hiking Etc. Ambergris is diving and then driving around to bars/restos in a golfcart with a big thermos of cocktail in your hand..

Yo msy get out to the atolls once in a week. The turneffe is worth it, the blue hole is bucket list I wouldn’t waste a day doing it from ambergris. Spend a week on the aggressor, especially as a new diver. It’s perfect at that level. I love the atolls there and will always go back. Defo do it before Indo etc.

I always dive with Belize pro dive. Love them

Also don’t know about the 4500 per week for ambergris as stated by others. I’ve never paid anything near that.

In feb I take the whole family an stay at belizian cove estates for around 9k for 2 weeks for 8 of us in a 3 bedroom 5* villa and add about 1k for 22 dives..

I’ve stayed in a downtown joint for a week with 3 dives a day for around $1100 all in...ex flights..

I dive Belize around 2 times + a year. I thought is was great as a rookie, I generally love the ease of access, pickups at your dock in the am and dropoffs etc. ( was are talking ambergris Caye which is absolutely not an island) big on ambergris you are taking a $100 15 min plane back to the mainland to do nah hiking TD. Ambergris is diving and then driving around to bars/restos in a golfcart with a big thermos of cocktail in your hand..

Yo msy get out to the atolls once in a week. The turneffe is worth it, the blue hole is bucket list I wouldn’t waste a day doing it from ambergris. Spend a week on the aggressor, especially as a new diver. It’s perfect at that level. I love the atolls there and will always go back. Defo do it before Indo etc.

I always dive with Belize pro dive. Love them

I've been to Belize 25 or so times and rented an apartment on Ambergris Caye for a time years ago.

December is not always a good time to dive there. They could get blown out, then it's all beach bar, golf cart all the time. Don't get me wrong, I've had lots of fun doing that when diving was blown out but a new diver might be very disappointed, when the plsn was diving and/or hiking.

Also don’t know about the 4500 per week for ambergris as stated by others. I’ve never paid anything near that.

In feb I take the whole family an stay at belizian cove estates for around 9k for 2 weeks for 8 of us in a 3 bedroom 5* villa and add about 1k for 22 dives..

I’ve stayed in a downtown joint for a week with 3 dives a day for around $1100 all in...ex flights..

Yes, all price levels. I've never come close to 4500. Who said that?

Huh?

Ziplines
Cave Tubing
Mayan Ruins
Hikes in the jungle nd the moutains
Cockscomb Nature Preserve
Howler Monkey tours
Jaguar Preserve
(one of these might be Cockscomb)
World famous Belize Zoo
Miles of nice southern beaches.

Yeah, not much to do....
Visiting local zoo or Mayan ruins is not "outdoors". This is called "sightseeng". Both the zoo and the ruins are quite interesting but they are as outdoorsy as Eiffel Tower in Paris. The main difference with Hawaii is that you need a guide to get around in Belize while in Hawaii a good guide book will suffice.

I do not consider ziplines as outdoor activity either, though some will disagree, I am sure.

. The diving around Ambergris is good. Very good. But do you want to spend $4500 for a week to get 2 dives per day and see all of the sites that are close by and dove so much the animals are ‘trained’ or not there? That’s what you can expect out of land based Belize scuba.

Check out the route map on the Aggressor:

View attachment 541910

Ya, OK, will need more info from mcCohen cuz that's a bit nutz. Lol

Visiting local zoo or Mayan ruins is not "outdoors". This is called "sightseeng". Both the zoo and the ruins are quite interesting but they are as outdoorsy as Eiffel Tower in Paris. The main difference with Hawaii is that you need a guide to get around in Belize while in Hawaii a good guide book will suffice.

I do not consider ziplines as outdoor activity either, though some will disagree, I am sure.

What about Lamanai or Tikul or ATM?

You don't really know that much about Belize.

Have you been at all or only the once?

Back
Top Bottom