Belize shipwreck Myron L

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fabi

New
Reaction score
Hello! Does anyone know the location of the Myron L wreck location? I'm going to spend a week diving onboard of the Aggressor fleet and I'm trying to find out where is this ship sunk and if the liveaboard include this dive site.
If the trip doesn't cover this dive site, I want to book it for sure, but I don't know if it's closer to San Pedro or Belize city and the only dive operation I could find in the internet is ecologic divers.
Can someone reccomend good dive sites in Belize? I'm spending a couple of days in Belize city and in La Isla Bonita San Pedro, and I want to enjoy it as much as I can
:D

thanks!
best regards from Brazil
Fabi

Last edited:
It's not a technical dive in any way that I can think of. It's actually in the submerged river channel of the Belize River just off Belize City and inside the barrier reef. It can be remarkably difficult to find. I've been there three or four times, and other than that it's the only wreck I can think of in that area it's not a particularly outstanding dive. I don't see people queueing up to go there. I can't remember the depth, but I don't remember it even being 100ft.

I saw this video on youtube and I read some good reviews about this dive, and as we love wreck diving, we thought that it could be interesting. Maybe it's better to book it while I'm in Beloze city then.
Peterbj7, do you think it's not worth it? Is it because of the visibility, marine life or conditions of the wreck? In the video, the ship seems to be intact.
Can you recommend good places to dive near san pedro?
thanks for your help!

The times I've dived it it wasn't impressive. Firstly it was hard to find. Secondly it's pretty small. And thirdly viz was poor, with lots of murk washing over it in quite a strong current. It sits in a subterranean river bed near the barrier reef and I believe experiences tidal currents. Certainly (try to) dive it if you're not familiar with wreck diving and want a sampler, but it wasn't for me a memorable experience.

Near San Pedro we have largely two types of diving. Off the town we have coral spur-and-groove going down to maybe 120ft, with lots of soft corals and fairly decent fauna - including recently manta rays and dolphins. Further north we have plateaux of coral gardens with drop offs that aren't as good as the walls on the atolls but are of that nature. Sadly there has been one dive resort up there that serviced the area very well, but which the owners have decided to close. Trips up there from now on will be few and far between. But all diving off Ambergris Caye is reef diving, and we have no accessible wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom