Belize recommendation-Family Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajane:
I am organizing a dive trip for a group of families with kid divers. I have been to Ambergris Caye and loved the look of Ramon's. Everyone seems up for Ramon's but I have seen more negative reviews than postive. Xanadu looks also very good. We are a group of families that met in Anthony's Key( all of the kids are certified divers) and loved it. We are not looking for the ultimate resort and have reasonable expectations but we are looking for a great dive operation that can accommedate the kids and also the adults yet be safe place for the kids to have fun. A short walk into town, a safe place for the kids, and onsite food are needed. Does anyone have any recommedations. Many thanks!!!

I would avoid Ramon's because it can be noisy, restaurant just outside the resort had loud music playing well into the night, and the beach is public and has a lot of taffic, which raises security concerns. Guests from other resorts stop there on their way into town, walking alone the beach, and have a drink and use the pool so that adds a tiny bit of congestion at the lounge chairs etc. I found the rooms to be a bit uncomfotable too. No TV for the kids. A nice pier and gazebo but when I was there it was crowded with a lot of town kids. Food was OK. The dive shop was good and dive staff also good.

Their web site looks great and it gives the impression that it is remote and private, whcih fooled me. Neither is the case. It's not terrible, but I think for the money they charge you can do a lot better than Ramon's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom