Belize lodging recommendats and compare to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karey

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I've been diving Cozumel for 20+ years and have decided to try Belize. Any recommendations on where to stay that has good wall diving but won't 'break the bank'. It seems that Ambergis Caye has the affordable lodging but I don't know if there is good reef wall diving with a short boat drive? we don't want to spend more than 30 minutes on a boat ride to dive spot. Turneffe, lighthouse and Glovers seem to be really expensive lodging. Maybe tripadvisor is only showing the high end resorts but on the outer Atolls rooms seem to be 250-300 a night. Also, is Planecia a good place to stay and wall dive?

We are experienced divers (200+ dives) and are only interested in diving, sleeping and eating.

After all my searching for Belize diving options, I'm getting ready to just give up and go back to Cozumel. The problem is that we know the Cozumel reefs so well now that we're getting board with the same ole thing.

Thanks for any suggestions. We are going the end of April for 120 days.
Karey

Try a Belize Aggressor liveaboard...dive, eat, sleep, repeat.

Big turtles, sharks, tarpon and (maybe, if lucky) dolphins should be a change of pace from Cozumel.

The long boat rides are a pain in Cozumel. On an Aggressor, there is no boat ride in the morning. Five dives a day if you want. Nitrox.

Hi, I've been diving Cozumel for 20+ years and have decided to try Belize. Any recommendations on where to stay that has good wall diving but won't 'break the bank'. It seems that Ambergis Caye has the affordable lodging but I don't know if there is good reef wall diving with a short boat drive? we don't want to spend more than 30 minutes on a boat ride to dive spot. Turneffe, lighthouse and Glovers seem to be really expensive lodging. Maybe tripadvisor is only showing the high end resorts but on the outer Atolls rooms seem to be 250-300 a night. Also, is Planecia a good place to stay and wall dive?

We are experienced divers (200+ dives) and are only interested in diving, sleeping and eating.

After all my searching for Belize diving options, I'm getting ready to just give up and go back to Cozumel. The problem is that we know the Cozumel reefs so well now that we're getting board with the same ole thing.

Thanks for any suggestions. We are going the end of April for 120 days.
Karey

@karey , you’re staying for 120 days/ 4 months??? If that’s the case, the Belize Aggressors won’t work...if a week or 2, I’d agree with the @JPEG.

If you are indeed staying for 4 months you could stay in many places in Belize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom