Belize Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EBBnyc

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all – just a note to say thanks for the tips before my tip… Personally, the Blue Hole was over-rated. Decent overhang, some stalactites, but it’s your basic deep dive: cold & dark. I thought “The Aquarium” was fantastic (off Half Moon Caye) with many creatures and brilliant coral garden. Hol Chan Marine Park was a bit silty after the last Hurricane and somewhat over-dived it seemed. All in all, I'd say it was great, but If I wouldn't make it a return destination.

On the gear side, I’ve got to make some purchases. I’ve never owned more than mask and fins, so it’s off to the shop. I hated my Mares Quatro fins – no flow, no power and the clip locks are a pain when your fingers are cold. The dive master loaned me his Jet Fins for a dive and I’m sold. I like the fact that they’re simple and are good on the surface too. I’m now looking for a good 3mm full suit to go with these – any advice? I was using a Scubapro full 3mm AND shortie on top! Maybe it's me, but I found it cold after 3 dives...

Thanks,
eb

Glad to hear you had a good trip!

If you were cold in a 3mil after 3 dives maybe something thicker would work better for you.
When I dive in the Caribean I take 2 suits a Bare 3/2 fullsuit and a Bare 5/3 fullsuit. Most of the time I end up wearing the 5/3. It's a front zip suit so if you do get a little warm you can just let some water in. Also you don't have to close up the front until your ready to do your entry. I also use a beanie, It makes a big difference.

You can check out Bare wetsuits here
You can buy them at a good price from Leisure pro. Their link is here.

Happy shopping

My Wife and I are going to do the Belieze Aggressor in April. Anyone out there have any thing to say about the Aggressor?

Back
Top Bottom