Belize dive conditions mid-November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Been to Caye Caulker 4 times for diving but only in summer and spring. Planning a trip for mid November and was curious if anyone knows what weather and seas are like then.

Thanks!

Dive conditions should be fine in November. A little cooler and maybe a bit of chop on the water but other than that - enjoy.

Been in November and it was fine. Is end of hurricane season though so get trip insurance.

I've been to Belize every Novemer for the past 10+ years. There is no guarantee. I can tell you that the water temp will probably be around 81F on the surface and 78-79 at depth. I can tell you that you should take a windbreaker to wear on the boat after your dives. I can tell you to bring along a hoodie, light sweater or some breathable material jacket for evenings outdoors. Better to have and not need, than need and not have. My trips in November are usually 10-14 days long. Never had a complete blowout yet, but it's been close a few times. That said, other times the weather has been near perfect but to best of my recollection the seas are always a bit choppy or more.

I always take a rain poncho and an umbrella. Can't remener a November that the poncho didn't get used at least once.

Sorry for the slight hijack... Is November still considered rainy period? I recall being in Costa Rica pacific coast in 2004 and I thought November was already coming out of the rainy period. We are going the 2nd week in December. Should we also expect similar conditions to mid November?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom