Belize: Blackbird v. Turneffe Lodge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdwho

Contributor
Reaction score
We're planning a May trip to Belize and trying to decide between Blackbird and Turneffe Lodge. Has anyone tried both of them? Is there much difference in the accomodations? More importantly, what about the dive ops? What matters most to us is (1) not having boats that are overcrowded and (2) having DMs that are knowledgable and personable.

thanks in advance...

sdwho

I can't compare Blackbird, but I have been to Turneffe Island Lodge and it was first rate. My buddy coined it best..."the resort all others are compared to..." Do a search on Turneffe Island Lodge and you should find several reviews....including mine.

I would have guessed if the thread said Turneffe, Lori would be here!

Turneffe kills. You're only spending 5 hours a day on the water. The other 19 matter.

A lot.

And there is no place I've ever stayed that can come close to filling the other 19 like Turneffe did. A cabana on a private island? Can't beat it.

The diving ruled. The boats we're 1/2 full when we were there, the DM's were the best. Very flexible, very knowledgable and very safe.

We loved it.

---
Ken

several times on Blackbird...should be easy to search on it.

We went to Glover's Reef Atoll and stayed at Isla Marisol Resort. If you go there now, plan to go around a full moon - best chance to see whale sharks. If you go any other time, you might be lucky enough (as we were) to have the island to yourself. Its beautiful and the staff is wonderful. The cabins are rustic and charming. The food is amazing. The diving is terrific. On several occasions we spotted dolphins and the boat captain diverted the boat and followed them. We were able to jump in with them and snorkel around. Additionally, when you get back to the island you just take off your gear right on the dock and leave it there. The staff rinses & hangs everything for you after every dive. In my opinion - one of the best *extra* services around! You won't be disappointed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom