Belize Aggressor III questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbf

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Aight, I'm starting to plan a trip for summer 2023. I like 10 day trips, 7 is not worth it. I despise bunk beds.

I'm going back to Belize - young daughter lives in San Pedro so I'm combining diving with a visit. Since BAIV no longer offers 10 day trips, and BAIII is exclusively bunk beds I'm torn between settling for 7 days or bunks.

I think I'm going to have to choose bunks. With that settled, a couple of questions for BAIII-experienced travelers.

1. Exactly how does one get in/out of the top-bunk?? I've looked all over for pictures, and see no ladders/steps. This matters for an old guy.

2. When you book, you can specify top/bottom bunk. In practice is this observed or is it really first-come/first choice? Again, matters to an old guy.

3. This is just my perception from 4 trips on BAIV. It appears to me that BAIII tends to spend more time at Turneffe than BAIV. I understand about the check out/final dive, but otherwise I wanna be at Half Moon, etc. Is this true or just me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brad

I have been on a number of Aggressor boats. When you make your reservation through Aggressor, you can choice either top (t) or bottom (b) bunk if it is available. To get in the top bunk normally requires step on to the bottom bunk and the move to the top bunk. Hopefully the person in the bottom bunk sleeps close to the wall to allow this. Same thing when getting out of the top bunk.

I did have an individual that got to the room before me and tried to claim the bottom bunk either though I had reserved it. Quick discuss with the crew fix that issue. It also helps that I have been on 27 charters with Aggressor.

Aight, I'm starting to plan a trip for summer 2023. I like 10 day trips, 7 is not worth it. I despise bunk beds.

I'm going back to Belize - young daughter lives in San Pedro so I'm combining diving with a visit. Since BAIV no longer offers 10 day trips, and BAIII is exclusively bunk beds I'm torn between settling for 7 days or bunks.

I think I'm going to have to choose bunks. With that settled, a couple of questions for BAIII-experienced travelers.

1. Exactly how does one get in/out of the top-bunk?? I've looked all over for pictures, and see no ladders/steps. This matters for an old guy.

2. When you book, you can specify top/bottom bunk. In practice is this observed or is it really first-come/first choice? Again, matters to an old guy.

3. This is just my perception from 4 trips on BAIV. It appears to me that BAIII tends to spend more time at Turneffe than BAIV. I understand about the check out/final dive, but otherwise I wanna be at Half Moon, etc. Is this true or just me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brad
I haven't been on 27 Aggressor trips, but I have been on the BAIV (twin berths) and Roatan Aggressor (Bunk style). I agree with the OP, reserve early enough to get the bottom bunk and confirm it with Aggressor in writing (especially if you reserve via PADI travel). I'm 69 y/o, and have no interest in climbing in and out of top bunk, so I prefer the BAIV, but the bottom bunk is a close second.

Reactions: gbf
Unless the BAIII changed boats, there was only one cabin with bunk beds, Cabin 11, when I was on it. I was in that cabin and it was small and climbing on to the top bunk took some dexterity. Fortunately I only was in the cabin to sleep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom