Belize Aggressor IV - Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did BAIV last fall on their "pay for 7 get 10 nights" deal. No scooters then, must be a new th ing?

If you want liquor other than wine and beer take it with you.

the clips, cheap from harbor freight or home depot, are very handy. I took 6. A big bag of various sizes from H D was plenty - leftovers became chip clips at home.

I can't think of anything specific to BAIV, but will ponder it.

I did BAIV last fall on their "pay for 7 get 10 nights" deal. No scooters then, must be a new th ing?

If you want liquor other than wine and beer take it with you.

the clips, cheap from harbor freight or home depot, are very handy. I took 6. A big bag of various sizes from H D was plenty - leftovers became chip clips at home.

I can't think of anything specific to BAIV, but will ponder it.

We played with the Seabobs (aka scooters/DPVs) in April of 2018. They were new when we were there. Wayne Brown (CEO) brought it on board and left it there for customer use.

I can't for the life of me think of why you'd want connectivity to the outside world while on a liveaboard. I think outside the diving, the crew, the food/drink and reconnecting with your dive buddy, what else could you possibly want?

I can't for the life of me think of why you'd want connectivity to the outside world while on a liveaboard. I think outside the diving, the crew, the food/drink and reconnecting with your dive buddy, what else could you possibly want?

Some of us have responsibilities at home we need to check in on every day, like elderly parents, young children, businesses, etc.

I get that... I just love being disconnected for that week.

If they do a 'split day' with a dive at the Blue Hole, and a land walk-about at Half Caye, you may want a straw hat or similar to keep the sun off while you walk around.

If you like souvenirs, bring one hard suitcase with plenty of room. On land near the pier the live-aboards dock at was a guy selling some nice wooden carvings. I'd have like to bring one home, but didn't have all that much extra space. Just a miscellaneous thought.

On the last day, they had some shore excursion options you could add on. You might see whether you want to do one of those, and whether you'd need anything extra for that. I was blessed to do every dive they offered, and I didn't do shore excursions; just packed up and got ready to go home from a great dive trip.

I second using some sort of socks (I used lycra, suggested by someone else on this forum), and was quite pleased. Does help prevent rubbing blisters.

I use over the counter 'ear drops' every few dives to prevent swimmers. Wait till they're sore and it's quite painful to use.

When they draw a sketch of the dive site, take a picture before you splash. Helps show at what site you saw what creatures.

On the last day, they had some shore excursion options you could add on. You might see whether you want to do one of those, and whether you'd need anything extra for that..

Some of us did the Cave Tubing. Bring your bathing suit and dive light. And boat or water shoes. Or maybe your dive booties if that's the best you got. The lights they give you are crappy.

I did BAIV last fall on their "pay for 7 get 10 nights" deal. No scooters then, must be a new th ing?.

We were there a year ago May and the two scooters were right there on the back deck under the camera table. I wonder if they were there and you didn't know what they were. I took a lot of great video following sharks but I was unable to download the videos off the scooter because even though I was able to download the App none of the crew knew the password to the scooters. The Captain was nice enough to send me a thumb drive of the videos a few weeks later.

Here's the video. The scooters are called Sea Bobs. The crew configured them so you couldn't go faster than a certain speed and no deeper than 60' or 70' (the motor would cut out).

We were there a year ago May and the two scooters were right there on the back deck under the camera table. I wonder if they were there and you simply didn't know what they were. I took a lot of great video following sharks but I was unable to download the videos off the scooter because even though I was able to download the App none of the crew knew the password to the scooters. The Captain was nice enough to send me a thumb drive of the videos a few weeks later.

Here's the video. The scooters are called Sea Bobs.

Lol, yea I know what scooters are. Owned my first one a Tekna dv3x in 1980's and subsequently Gavins and aqua zepp.

There were no scooters under the table on starboard side. Could have been on the port side, I never went there.

In any case I saw no scooters in use during the 10 days I was aboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom