Believe Or Not To Believe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I got a yen to repell off cliffs in Sespe gorge ten years ago so started to experimenting with climbing techniques . So science said no mechanical advantage with one pulley on my chest and that said is a crock of beans . I can crank up a rope with one hand , so that one pulley gives me a whole lot of mechanical advantage . So what this thread about is not to trust the facts you see . I have half built this diver tow sled and it is slick indeed . I plan to put a rudder on the nose but all the facts say do not do that . The design is complete to control the craft up and down , left and right , it may be a tow behind but will accommodate a big battery and ten h.p.motor .

More specific details are welcome. As long as you feel it would benefit others or adoption of the idea.

So science said no mechanical advantage with one pulley on my chest and that said is a crock of beans . I can crank up a rope with one hand , so that one pulley gives me a whole lot of mechanical advantage .
I doubt that thousands of years of understanding of pulleys and mechanical advantage are wrong, but I can easily believe that you are using the words differently than they usually are used. Can you describe iin more detail the arrangement that involves a "pully on your chest?"
I plan to put a rudder on the nose but all the facts say do not do that .
What facts are you speaking of? Are they specifically for towed bodies?

Damn you gravity, you win again.

Paraphrasing what OP is saying, -radical new designs that go against traditional engineering standards may find opportunities for innovation. -
Plus he did not go SPLAT last time he broke from tradition, so perhaps he will not die horribly with this underwater tech design.
The real question, to the OP, is what do you want from us readers?

Back
Top Bottom