Being Evacuated Need Texas Diving Info QUICK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the info. Clear Springs and Athens both looked like good possibilities until I saw what they charge for non-divers. $10 at Clear Springs and $25 at Athens!!! :whoa: That's crazy.

There are three of us that dive then 3 children and granny who don't dive. It didn't look like Clear Springs would even allow swimmers though.

Looks like Lake Travis is our best best. Balmhorea is just too far.

We have a motorhome so we'll need an RV campground.

So I have a few questions about Lake Travis. What's the viz, temp., sites to see, dive price, dive shop to rent air?

Thanks in advance!

got4boyz once bubbled...
Thanks for all the info. Clear Springs and Athens both looked like good possibilities until I saw what they charge for non-divers. $10 at Clear Springs and $25 at Athens!!! :whoa: That's crazy.

There are three of us that dive then 3 children and granny who don't dive. It didn't look like Clear Springs would even allow swimmers though.

Looks like Lake Travis is our best best. Balmhorea is just too far.

We have a motorhome so we'll need an RV campground.

So I have a few questions about Lake Travis. What's the viz, temp., sites to see, dive price, dive shop to rent air?

Thanks in advance!

I told you about the viz, temps, etc. in one of my PM's. If you go to Barstow's Windy Point it's $15. I don't know about non-divers. Mansfield Dam is $5 per CAR as it's a county park. There is RV camping there but you may need reservations. Do a search on Google.com for Travis County Parks...I lost my link in the crash.

esp. if you're motorhome camping. Both the Mansfield Dam Park & the Windy Point Park should be able to handle a RV. [try a search on "Travis County Parks"]

We just completed the Lake SCUBA Cleanup last weekend - too bad you missed it. Ron [Carlislere] had the data correct. Temp about 80, vis about 5 feet near the surface, generally better lower.
Prices: I htink the parks charge 5$/car for day entry - it's undoubtedly higher for campsites, but probably not much more.
0$ per dive!
Air fills - there are LOTS of shops close - which also rent gear [if that's part of your "per dive" cost. I'll happily refer you to my favorite LDS. And you should also skim this message board for a couple chains that would give you a clear idea of shops to avoid!

Cheers from Grenoble [otherwise - I'd be saying when/where do we meet!]

Sorry Dee, you are right. We communicated a couple days ago. I'm so stressed now trying to leave a day early than planned that I skimmed the posts. Ron did mention temp, I didn't catch it first time around!

Thanks Larry, I'll send you a PM about the dive shop. BTW, thanks for cleaning the lake up for us! :)

Well we are finally out of here. Looks like we'll head to Mansfield Dam tomorrow after staying with my mother-in-law tonight.

Thanks all for your help! :)

Never paid attention to the non-diver fees at Clear Springs, that would be a major outlay to have 4 ppl. sitting in the RV watching T.V., plus the hookups (have to check if they even got any). There is swimming there though, or so I seen, kids had some fun snorkling.

Looks like Travis is the closest and bestest bet. Unless ya wanna make a day trip to Terrell.

Hope you have the hatches battened down, and the rain just waters your garden. :D

Actually, there are RV hook-ups in the camping area. Well...atlease there were 2 RV's the last time I was there, and I'm pretty sure they were hooked up.

Back
Top Bottom