being called a sissy because I dive dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just tell them that I'm quite warm & my teeth aren't chattering like theirs.:D
You folks have to learn to chose different dive buddies, always pick ones with more flaws than yourself (In my case that can be really hard) that way they know better than to tease you because you have way to much ammo. :rofl3:

They can call me sissy anytime.:D
But I don't have that silly blue color after the dive.:rofl3:

I'd much rather be known as a sissy than as a fool.

the K

Their just jealous cause their wives wont let them buy one.Next time they call you a sissy stand right beside them and say,yea your probably right while you open your pee valve on their foot.:rofl3:

Dear Sissy,
Name calling can really get a person down and hurt your feelings. We all want to feel good about ourselves and there is nothing wrong with that. If you find the name calling is too much, you may want to re-think owning and using a dry suit. It may not be for you and that is ok. You are an OK person. Say that out loud 10 times. "I am dry and I am OK!" If you are still conflicted, you might want to rethink having a dry suit We all have limitations and there is nothing wrong with finding out who and what we are.

I would encourage you to consider letting go of you drysuit/security blanket. I would be glad to send you my address and promise to give it a good home so that you can feel good about both yourself and your old security suit! :rofl3:

Sincerely,
USBB
aka drysuit wannabe
Will do Dr. phill... what's your address so I can mail it to you...LOL

As of today I am also a sissy!!! :lotsalove: But long repetitive dives in a wetsuit in 10C... hmm was getting a bit tough.

I LOVE my new drysuit though! Was really easy to dive in and my buoyancy was no different, although I did have to add 8 pounds in the end. :(

However it has to go back to the shop for a week as I had boots swapped to smaller ones and they put the left boot as the right one and vice versa *cries* So not only was I a sissy I had funny shaped feet, so I got picked on for both at the dive shop! :( And now I won't get to take it away on my dive trip weekend next week grrrr.

Hmm, a p-valve would be nice... think it is going to be a bit hard though, given my gender and all~

Ya know...I'm getting a lil tired of being called a sissy because I dive dry. I'm woundering if others who dive dry have the same problem. Confortable is the name of the game for me and my pee valve is the bomb!!!

I frequently experience that problem, but it usually occurs when I bring my valet along with Milk Duds and a Hot Rum Toddy:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

They do make them for women.I was at Peacock spgs a few months back and a chick was standin over by the bushes takin a wiz just like a man.In her pretty blue dry suit.I overheard her talking to another gal about how nice it was.I think its a she-pee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom