being called a sissy because I dive dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya know...I'm getting a lil tired of being called a sissy because I dive dry. I'm woundering if others who dive dry have the same problem. Confortable is the name of the game for me and my pee valve is the bomb!!!

Up here the water is below 50 for at least 6 months and below 40 for 3 or 4. Nobody makes drysuit cracks because they all want one.

And I love my pee valve. It gives me great pleasure (and probably some DCS protection) to suck down a liter of water on the way to a dive, then do my part to make the water just a little warmer. :D

Terry

Send a PM to El Orans and he can not only change your screen name, but could probably give you a custom badge that says Official Scuba Board Sissy
I think I might just do it. Now I just need to find some yellow fins. :wink:

After freezing my &^%$# off last Nov in the Channel Islands, I determined that one of my goals is a drysuit. So much diving to be done during the colder months, so little tolerance for diving wet in cold water/air........... Let 'em call you dumb names, and (as previously mentioned), laugh your happy dry *ss off.

hey! i was just sitting thinking of pming Bee to ask if the fins were real! my yellow apollo fin just died so was thinking of jets
Those are cool looking fins. Maybe we can get Hollis to make some in yellow. I think it has been confirmed we will never see the Jets with any changes.

Drysuit diving will turn you into a sissy and shrink your bladder!

After a little while, no water will be warm enough and you'll need your drysuit every dive. It will be the middle of summer, 100f in the shade and you'll be doffing your drysuit to protect you from the big, mean thermocline. Your wetsuit will sit unloved, in a corner of your garage.

The p-valve will let you experience the true Rapture of the Deep. Then, after diving with a p-valve for a little while, you'll realize that you can hydrate with reckless abandon. You'll never have to dance as you get out of the water and your bladder will slowly wither away from always being nearly empty.

At this point, the transformation will be complete- you will be a cold water wuss.

does that mean if you pee in your drysuit that youre a tough guy??

It "Depends". (Sorry - that's a local joke). :eyebrow:

does that mean if you pee in your drysuit that youre a tough guy??

I was on a charter once and there was this dude who had a new drysuit. He and his buddies did a 200' dive with a runtime of about 80 minutes. The bottom temp was 39f and the surface temp was 55f! No p-valve!! That's extreme diving! :11: No joke- I would not consider a dive like that without a p-valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom