Beginning photography class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for more great advice.

I was going to take the kids to the local pool and snap some quick pics, so I tried the housing and realized I bought a housing for an A510 instead of an A610 camera! Glad I tried it early enough to get it swapped out.

Those are some great pics on your webshots site, UWBumbleBee - the color is very intense in some of them. I guess I'll look into the class, and see if I can make it work. Its always nice to get a few good pics from vacation - being u/w just makes that more challenging!

Absolutely second the recommendation of any photo course taught by Holly Alentado. She's awonderful photographer and teacher (and a great person to boot). However, it's not a given that she'll be the instructor at A1 - make sure before you sign up. She also teaches at other shops from time to time - I know I've seen her at Underwater Phantaseas and I think Coral Reef as well.

Tell her Amber says "hi" :)

I second Ambers advice. Holly is NOT the only instructor at A1, and while others teach the class, they are divers that have learned to teach the class as opposed to photographers that really know their stuff. This is not really a put down as I know a lot of many of the instructors at A1, but they are not the same caliber as Holly.

OTOH, it may depend on your current level of understanding and skill. Any of the instructors will likely get the basics right so I'm not suggesting the class is a waste of time if not taught by Holly.

Back
Top Bottom