Beginners Honeymooning on the Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just booked both dives! SeaSport on Kauai and Jack's on the Big Island. And, yes, I booked the Manta dive! Really looking forward to this. :)

We do have our own gear we're bringing, provided the airlines don't lose it. We picked that up while in class so we would be able to learn on it. The great thing is the instructor said we could go practice anytime they have a class going on as long as we don't bother the class. We'll probably do that a couple times beforehand.

No plans for cameras, as I'd already figured we wouldn't want to get distracted by too much early on as we start diving.

Also, thanks for the shore dive tip. If nothing else, we may just snorkel their, but who knows. I wouldn't be shocked if we end up skipping some of our other plans and doing more diving. WHo could blame us!?:D

Consider bringing along a cheapo waterproof camera. Something like THIS. It goes to 50 feet, and may or may not flood when you dive. But, by the time of your Manta dives, you may wish you had something with you. And these will cost more on Island - that's for sure. And if you don't feel comfortable, you leave it in the room , and you've only wasted $9 :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom