Beginner Photographer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDean59

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My son is beginning to take pictures underwater and is thinking of a Sealife Reefmaster Mini. Does anyone have any experience with that particular camera? He just wants a starter camera.

Not me but many threads on it here. Seems very popular with those who like to leave the settings on Auto - like me.

I purchased the ReefMaster Mini a short time ago and have only used it on a few dives, still learning. I like the camera, it seems to do a pretty good job. One suggestion I would have is to invest in some good, rechargable batteries. You will find that the camera eats batteries. My first couple of dives with the camera, using disposable batteries, they only lasted about 30 min a set. With the rechargables, I have been able to get in two dives with the same set of batteries and they are still going strong.
One other side note, I have been using a 2 gb memory card and it is working fine also.

Lee

I purchased the ReefMaster Mini a short time ago and have only used it on a few dives, still learning. I like the camera, it seems to do a pretty good job. One suggestion I would have is to invest in some good, rechargable batteries. You will find that the camera eats batteries. My first couple of dives with the camera, using disposable batteries, they only lasted about 30 min a set. With the rechargables, I have been able to get in two dives with the same set of batteries and they are still going strong.
One other side note, I have been using a 2 gb memory card and it is working fine also.

Lee
I like the NiMH batteries and conditioning chargers at Thomas Distributing - where the pros buy...

I like the NiMH batteries and conditioning chargers at Thomas Distributing - where the pros buy...

Don...which charger did you get. I cannot seem to see the one that will cycle them to avoid the "memory" effect.

Don...which charger did you get. I cannot seem to see the one that will cycle them to avoid the "memory" effect.

Well now, their descriptions are kinda lacking. I got this one - Maha MH-C204W White World Battery ChargerBatteries Not Inc.. and it will charge, or drain then charge. I bet all of these will AA-AAA chargers But to be sure, you may need to phone them to ask questions - and suggest better descriptions would be nice: 800-821-2769 8:00 am - 4:00 pm CST Mon-Fri

Okay, on looking again :silly: I see that the one I got includes "Conditioning Battery Charger" in the descriptions, and the one that Pluard suggested includes "plus Battery Conditioner." In fact, see their comparison chart.

Thanks for all the input. Time to do some research.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom