Beginner OW Instructor Recommendations in Boynton/ Delray area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob Phillips

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi -
Looking for a solid instructor near Boynton Beach- I'm looking to get re-certified (was certified 20 years ago NAUI junior OW 1) Haven't been diving in decades, and would love to start from scratch. I live in the area and plan to dive as much as I can year round.

I'd love to find a NAUI instructor if possible, but PADI would be perfectly fine as well- just looking for a solid teacher. Looking for thoroughness, experience, and a safety conscious program - price and program duration are not important considerations.

I appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

Thanks a million! Both great suggestions. @MB in particular looks like just the guy I need to contact.

Thank you ms!!

Rob. south FL has a tremendous number of instructors with little to offer! Its nice to see you looking for more rather than less. I'll send you a bunch of info in the morning. You're on the right track amigo!

MB:
Thank you ms!!

Rob. south FL has a tremendous number of instructors with little to offer! Its nice to see you looking for more rather than less. I'll send you a bunch of info in the morning. You're on the right track amigo!

Thanks, that would be great. I sent you an email (I think it was your email anyway)
Cheers!

MB is right, there are many many instructors in So FL. Some great, some good, alot mediocre, and sadly too many poor ones. You can tell by the way their students dive.

People will tell you "my instructor was great". Since they have no point of reference for comparison they base their opinion on being nice or patient or fun, rather than the ability to produce skilled competent divers.

You are on the right track researching here.
Have fun. See you underwater. :)

MB is the reason I'm an instructor today. I'd trust him with anyone. LowVizWiz has my utmost respect as well.

Pete - your making our bromance public... you're gonna lose your credibility!

Thanks for the recommendations @NetDoc & @mselenaous.
I'm as far south as you can be and still be in Broward County, so finding someone up north would probably be better for the op. I love diving Boynton however :)

Just a little update - I've been going through the OW course with @MB
Lots of academics, lots of pool time, and just today completed our 3rd and 4th dives together - 2 shallow beach dives at Blue Heron, and today we did a wreck at 70' and a 30' reef drift dive.

Overall I've been thrilled with Mike's knowledge, patience and professionalism and I couldn't recommend him enough as an instructor. It's fantastic getting back to blowing bubbles again. And if ever I make my way to becoming a good diver I have only @MB to thank for it.

Thanks everyone for their recommendations and help!

Ever the educator, here's Dr Mike trying to expand the population of literate trigger fish. Spoiler alert - he refused to write anything back.

GOPR0077.JPG

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom