beginner computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

attchoum

Registered
Reaction score
hi

i thinking buying a computer and it will be my first computer.
i what it simple, low cost and able to take nitrox for futur use.

i was tinking about the oceanic v180 but it's the only one i know. do you have some other suggestion for me?

thanx for your help

attchoum

(by the way, im a french canadien, so forgive the quality in my english)

Not everyone likes 'em, but I'm very pleased with my Mares M-1 ... it's wrist mount, has continuous backlight function (great for night dives) nitrox ready to 50%, gauge mode, user replaceable AAA batteries and can be found for under $250. Most folks that do not like it base their reasoning on the I.R.I.S. interface which can be quite temperamental or because it is very conservative.

Aloha, Tim

I have a suunto Gekko, nice for day dives sice it doesnt have a idaglow back light but its great for nitrox up to 50%. 150ft. 999 dive history. wrist mount or there mount aval. but over 250$, if you want the extra goodies get the cobra model same computer difrent program and it has a computer upload and back light for the night dives.

i just use my divelight ot see the computer and it works fine

The Gekko has a nice display and is quite elementry and I understand easy to use. I'de check one out.

I like the KISS principle in dvie computers. I do not like the multi functions of the higher dollar ones. I also like the way you can set the conversitive level to what you want. If I had a full nights rest and feel great I can dive out of the box settings. If I did not get rest or eat right..am overly tired I can set the levels back into the mid to high greens.

Oceanic is a good computer but learn the settings and what they mean as to dive profiles. The Sunnto units are conservative for sure and if you want a simple unit that you strap on and dive that is the better choice.

I am of the old school of "Plan your dive, Dive your plan." Of course your plan should consist of more than "Yep, my air is on.. and My puter is turned on.. *splash*."

Eric

I like Suunto's. I've used the Cobra and now have the Vytec. But my very first computer was a Genesis React. Very nice simple computer that can do Nitrox. It is also very affordable.

I just bought my basic first computer also It is a Aeris Atmos 1. It is a basic but it has all that a beginner needs and for the price I got it for you can not go wrong. PM me for the price and I will give you futher details.

attchoum:
hi

i thinking buying a computer and it will be my first computer.
i what it simple, low cost and able to take nitrox for futur use.

i was tinking about the oceanic v180 but it's the only one i know. do you have some other suggestion for me?

thanx for your help

attchoum

(by the way, im a french canadien, so forgive the quality in my english)
The atmos 2 is good up to 40% nitrox, very easy to read

kidspot:
Not everyone likes 'em, but I'm very pleased with my Mares M-1 ... it's wrist mount, has continuous backlight function (great for night dives) nitrox ready to 50%, gauge mode, user replaceable AAA batteries and can be found for under $250. Most folks that do not like it base their reasoning on the I.R.I.S. interface which can be quite temperamental or because it is very conservative.

Aloha, Tim

I think diveinn.com is selling the M1's for $192 (with free shipping). I would have bought one myself, but I didn't like the fact that it was super conservative. I went with the Oceanic Versa Pro, but for those who want a conservative computer (and don't care too much about the potential IRIS interface problems), I think the M1 is a great deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom